1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Prince

Prince Timido

Chennai
    Worst Fear came TRUE :(

Pals,

My worst fear on the ability of the Concorde, ECR Service Center guys on fixing my A/C issue turned true today. I left my car for fixing the AC issue by 9.00 AM today and the Service Advisor promised me to deliver the JET back by 3.00PM. But he called up only to say that they are not able to identify where the gas leak is and they are still trying to fix the same. They had promised to fix it by noon tomorrow (13/3). I am wondering if the technicians at Concorde, ECR are capable of fixing any FIAT related issues at all......

I was a bit confident that the issue is a very minor one and the guys at Concorde ECR were competant (more than road side AC walas) enough to get it done. But its otherwise. I am not sure whom to fault with? Is it the FIAT guys who gave a faulty product or the TASS guys who are not competant to fix this small issue.

What disheartened me was when my mother asked me how my earlier car (ALTO) didnt have any issues for 7 years and A new car TJET , hardly 1.3 years old is having an issue with A/C.....

Keeping my fingers crossed... will keep posted further updates.
  2. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Why not try telling them that it's most probably the O-ring gasket problem, go and change it :p
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Final update guys - Got the rear bearing changed as well. Got a quick appointment today in the morning and got the job done within 45 minutes. Once again a professional approach and highly satisfied with quality of work done at TAFE. Will recommend anyone in Chennai to really get service done here. Mr.Tensingh is excellent and always goes the extra mile to keep the customer happy, these are the sorts of guys which Fiat needs.

Mods - Please close this thread as it has served it's purpose.
    2 people like this.
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    +1, Don't expect Concorde to do wonders or even worse do a surprise visit to them they wouldn't have even touched your car and the SA is probably dishing loads of BS. Concorde ECR is not for Fiat's!
  5. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I really want to buy this as recommended by Fiat. Is it available in Chennai?
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

@Relativity: Sure, you are not going to leave anything that washes, i mean Towel, soap, shampoo, detergents, sponge, toothbrush, toothpaste, mugs, buckets, showers & what not:A. You are completely haunted by your OB - 90HP::pP!!

By the way i tried to purchase this SC35@ABS workshop, They argued since it's a soap, they don't keep it as a spare part:cry:. They are right like they have always been!
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  7. salu

salu

Jamnagar
    thats right shampoo and colin are best option for windshield clenaning
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Shampoo if exposed to plastics parts will fade them pretty soon. Experienced it in alto
    1 person likes this.
  9. Prince

Prince Timido

Chennai
    Guys,

My A/C problem was fixed and it working fine now. It did end up with O Ring replacement.

I told the SA yesterday (12/3) that i had read in the Forum that its a known problem with TJET and it should be fixed with a O Ring replacement. But the SA wasnt aware may be of this issue. He told me that it was some minor issue with electricals and should be able to get it done in one hour. But i was sure it cannot get fixed in an hour and i have read that it used to take 2 to 5 hours. Fortunately they were able to identify that O ring replacement would fix the issue. I got my JET back to my hangar.

Thanks to all for the inputs on the O ring. I am always glad that i get a positive response for any issues / query related to my JET. Btw am not sure if there are any more surprises (KNOWN) with TJET.

I do agree to teky on his view about Concorde ECR is not for FIAT's. I did get that feedback from one of my colleagues too who advised me not to go to Concorde ECR and instead try Concorde Ambattur. Hope i wouldnt have any more issues which would make me visit either of them :p
  10. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Somebody suggested to buy the windscreen cleaning fluid from a Maruti service station. That sounds convenient as there is a maruti station every 10 kms :p