1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    yes its the same paper mentioning electric code.
  2. durgeshhardwar

durgeshhardwar

Front windshield

Hello Fiat team,

I have Fiat Linea multijet emotion pk. and recently Get crack in front windshield.

I would like to know I have to change it or can be repaired. The reason of crack I do not know.

Just I wake up early in the morning and see this crack. In the night it was fine and standing inside my house.

Is it possible the shield can get crack by itself? but looks like somebody hit it with very sharp edge thing.

Is it covered with insurance or not? What would be the price of front windshied.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    If there is a sign of crack, I strongly recommend to replace the windshield. It will be covered under insurance. Which location are you from BTW?
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Don't worry nothing will happen. Every car makers will do a proper testing with all possible worst conditions before they make the production. So nothing will happen.
    Worry about the problem only if it comes and enjoy with your punto.
  5. durgeshhardwar

durgeshhardwar

Hello Ram (M I Correct?),

Thank you very much for your useful instruction. I will change it ASAP.

I am staying haridwar Uttrakhand.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    The music is back in my Punto thanks to Soori's Garage in Koramangala. His mechanic Musthafa did a thorough job bringing the damaged portion back to shape. The exhaust leakage is now completely gone. It was one hour of welding and heating the damaged flange, and another half an hour to fix the silencer and the engine guard plate back.

Soori looked uncomfortable when he said that I need to pay just Rs.800, probably thinking it is a little too high. He was telling that it was a very bad damage and required more work, hence charging a little high! Concorde quoted 3500 for this!

Couple of pictures after repair, sorry for the poor quality becuase they were taken from my mobile.

Image003.jpg

Image004.jpg

About Soori's Garage: There is no proper board or anything for this garage. It is at Koramangala, near Ejipura signal. He himself said "I haven't put any board for my garage, I only take work from my friends and contacts. I think he deserves appreciation for the good work he does, and like we FIATians who are passionate about our cars, he is passionate about his work. His smiling face tells all that. I told him I will be his brand ambassador. He smiled again.
    4 people like this.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Does exhaust leak change pick up of the car?
  9. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Great to hear that the problem is fixed without much monetary damage!!
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Yes, there was power loss to some extent, and was felt especially when AC turned on. Also, I felt some intermittent vibration inside cabin during idling. Both these are gone now.
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2012