1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Has anyone compared the beige panels in Linea to the the dull grey panels in Punto. I would love to swap it if it fit. I am sure the rear doors wont fit, but what about the front door panels and lower dash board area?
  2. asif

asif

Trivandrum
    Can we buy rooflights of linea & fit it into punto,if yes space availability is not an issue.
  3. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi,
    Arm Rest Costed you 1K?? Where did you procure from ? Please share pics...
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2012
  4. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    1 person likes this.
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Went to concorde motors last week to check the official options. Well, the only official option they have was to replace the CC and center pipe. Cost 60k. (KHT quoted appx 42k for the same thing!). They said I can use insurance claim for this. I agreed for this only because I didn't want to do any work outside TASS as it may impact warranty. All the required forms were submitted, then comes the surveyor, takes pictures from various angles and positions...only to declare that they cannot approve the claim becuase this is a minor, repairable damage. The insurance people told me that Concorde will repair this, and insurance Co will bear the expenses.
    -----------
    When I asked for the estimate, the expert from concorde said: It will come to around 3500 sir. Labor charge some Rs 750
    I said, what, this is hardly two hours job and if I get it done outside, and it wont cost me more than Rs.1000
    The expert: no sir, opening the catalytic converter is 8 hours job!
    Me: Why do you want to open the catalytic converter? Why cant you just remove the engine guard plate and do the welding if required and seal the leakage?
    The expert: No sir, it will take minimum one full day, and no gurantee that I can give the vehicle in one day. Sometimes a nut will be very tight and will be very difficult to remove.
    Me: OK..Let me think over and get back you as to when I plan to come.
    -----------------------
    They just want to make money using my claim.
    Now, I am seriously thinking of getting it done outside. I am talking to couple of mechanics who had done such work before. I got the contact details of one such mechanic from Shakesin(TFI'an). Will decide on where to get this fixed later today
  6. Akash

Akash

Lost one key. Does using backup key disable the other

Hi,
    I have lost my key(active-mjd, no central lock). While purchasing, I was given two keys. I am using the second key now. I am little bit scared to if someone finds my lost key, he can still use the car. Initially I was thinking of installing a central lock. If I do that, can I still use my normal keys? Are the normal keys electronically programmed with some unique thing? Is is like that If I start using second key, first key get disabled automatically? Or if I want to disable the first key, do I have to change the whole security/locking system of the car?

Thanks and regards
    Akash
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Thulasi one better option would be to check with MyTVS service centres. They used to be approved Fiat service centres by TVS earlier(Check here) ). I used to give my earlier Fiat UNO for service to this MyTVS franchisee & they used to do a good job. Charges were not high like TVS used to charge . Still I see whole lot of palios, petras etc getting serviced there.

List of their Franchisees Click here
    1 person likes this.
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    You would have to visit TASS and disable the lost key and order new key. Please carry the immobilizer code card given to you at time of delivery when you visit TASS
    If you don't have both keys with you and your car gets stolen you won't get money from insurance company. I think you should also tell the insurance company that you lost the key and have disabled that key and ordered new key.
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Thanks Cinju for the suggestion! Looks like they dont have a presence bangalore. Nearest I could see on their website was in Mysore. There is one in Kannur district, but when I clicked the map on the website, it shows palakkad!
    Anyways, I need to get this done ASAP. So meeting one mechanic in a couple of hours. Another TFIan, Shakesin faced the same issue with his 1.4 and got it repaired from this guy. Concorde quoted 50k and the mechanic fixed it for less that 1000.
  10. Akash

Akash

Thanks Vijay,
    I was given a paper mentioning Key's electric code and mechanical code. Is it the same "immobilizer code card" ?

Regards
    Akash