1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Go to outside garage and get the welding done. there are lots of welders who do this. Second options is claim as accident insurance. if i guess right the whole exhaust costs 22k at TASS
  2. Anish_A

Authentic Punto/FIAT Key chain

Hello TFiat

Does anyone have contact or online links where i can get an Authentic Punto Key Chain????

Need to pick one for my New Punto comin in on the 7TH March...

3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
  4. krishna

krishna Timido

Yes. I had a figo earlier which was scraping at exactly under the driver seat which was mainly because of ground clearance. But Punto is scraping because of two reasons combined. 1. The incline of the ramp is more. 2. The distance (length of punto) between the starting point of the front bumper and the front tyre is more than other cars. What I mean is, by the time the cars front wheels are on the ramp the bumper is already scraping the ramp.

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Thanks. This is a good solution but did not work for me. May be because of the incline and my gate being narrow so could not tilt the steering much. I am planning to increase the length of ramp to decrease the incline.

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

NO :(. It is not mudflaps. I have checked the bottom of my tuscan wine beauty and found the scratches.
  5. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

try to get it welded. Replacing exhaust would be very costly option
  6. asif

The front cabin lights with those orange ambient LED lights can be fitted to punto??Im in love with those orange leds....guruz plz help.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

About the arm-rest, I have it on my punto and paid 1k fits very well between the seats and also has an extender.
    the stock arm-rest is rather sad compared to this one.. Will post some pics later
  8. Tron

Tron Superiore

@Asif, those are called as "Pilot lamps". I haven't seen punto's roof lamps from inside by opening them. But if space is available you can have those ''Pilot lamps''. That too in which ever custom color you want them to be.
  9. teky

teky Esperto

One more update guys - Got the car back last Friday. I was initially promised that car would be delivered on Wednesday, however after changing the Front wheel bearings and the Elastic pads they discovered apparently that the rear wheel bearing should be replaced as well. The part wasn't in stock at TAFE however they told me that it's available with another dealer within Chennai and they will get it and change it on Thursday. Thursday went and nothing happened, Apparently it was the wrong part at the other dealer. So the rear wheel bearing is ordered (Emotion/Emo Pk gets different wheel bearing because they are equipped with ABS) and I'm awaiting for that to arrive now.

All the other work including boot replacement, elastic pads, front wheel bearing where done to my satisfaction. Over the period of two days Tensingh called me to update the status regularly and didn't even shy away to pick my phone if inquired about status. So I've decided to stick to TAFE for now until Mr.Tensingh is around, Will update you guys post the rear wheel bearing getting changed.
    3 people like this.