1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Subash

Subash

Bangalore
    Try parking in Reverse.
    1 person likes this.
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Check - May be front mud flaps scrapping the ramp making scrapping noise.
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Most likely chances are front mudflaps as pointed out by Amit. One more thing Krishna you can try out is slightly tilt the steering to any one side so that both front tires don't touch the ramp simultaneously & try doing this in a snails pace.
  4. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    absolutely! As Cinju said, try to tilt steering. Don't approach to your ramp totally perpendicular, by tilting steering to left or right make slight degrees of angle so your both wheels aboard ramp idipendantly, not together. I thope this will help for sure.
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    While driving yesterday late night, I had to go over a large, scary pothole. I could see it only when I reached very close to it and all I could do was to go over it using the steering to my best.
    End result: Something badly hit my Punto's under body. I thought nothing happened and continued driving. While parking after reaching home, I noticed that the exhaust note had slightly changed as if from a muffler. I had a look at the engine guard, it looks fine except for a few fresh hit marks with no bent or dent. From the rear also, I could not see anything unusual. But the exhaust nore has changed, it is much more pronounced in the 1st and 2nd gear.
    What could be wrong? Anything to be worried?
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    The lower portion of the bumper scrapes the ground when there is a sudden 30-40 degrees elevation. A little surprised that even the 2012 Punto with increased GC faces this issue. The solution is already suggested by Cinju and Tron.
    If possible, you can think of reducing the incline by increasing the length of the ramp.
  7. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hey Fiatlover,
    I think the pothole might have touched your Silencer.
    Are you getting any different noises after accelerating your car in ideal?
    If so then visit service center & ask for the silencer allignment.
    Because of this the exhaust note might have changed.
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Just checked at TASS. Some major damage to catalytic converter and a minor damage to the center pipe. :shocked
    From preliminary diagnosis, looks like it will cause a major damage to my pocket.
  9. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    OOps that is very bad. Were the damages visible ? I mean did you have a look at the damage ? I dont think TASS will do any kind of tinkering /spot welding work on this . Do keep us updated.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    The damage is where the catalytic converter and center pipe are connected to each other and not to the catalytic convertor itself. But they said it has to be replaced. The damage is visible when the car is lifted. The exhaust leak as such is minor when I feel it with my hand.
    And yes the very first thing people at KHT said was "we cannot tinker. we will only replace." Am looking at other options too. If no other go, then will have to go for replacement with insurance claim.

Estimated cost: catalytic converter:37500 Center pipe: 3500
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012