1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. vishnoianil

vishnoianil

Gurgaon
    Drive in desert/sandy areas.

Hi All,

I brought Punto Emotion MJD 2012 few days back. I am planing a long drive from gurgaon to some remote villages in Rajasthan. These villages don't have proper roads, and these area's are part of rajasthan desert area. One of my friend has Linea, and he said that whenever he took his Linea to these remote villages, after few kilometers driving in that terrain, his car become immovable. He has to toe his car 3 times to the nearest service station. Just wondering if any of you have seen any issue like that. I am not sure about the reason for that, but i just heard that its because of the oil-filter get choked because of the dust/sand on those roads. I am not an auto-mobile expert, so seeking suggestion if you have seen any issue like that, and want to suggest some precautionary measures to take.

Thanks
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
  3. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    I see no reason as to how oil could be chocked. There are chances that the air filter gets choked due to excessive dust, and you might need to carry a spare air filter if requried. just my thoughts, im no expert to ascertain this !
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    First of all not at all an good idea to Drive hatchback car in desert/sandy areas.You need a 4x4 drive.
    and to drive in deserts you need that kind off skills as well .

i remember well when my punto was stucked nearby beach sand,my mistake i rotated the front wheel thats it!,it gone diggging the sand:D and later with help of localites the car was removed...

Dont take Risk !
  5. vishnoianil

vishnoianil

Gurgaon

Well I do drive in deserted area's and that too hatchback. But the reason I posted this query here because it came me as a specific problem with FIAT car's. So wondering if anybody faced the same problem, so its better to take precaution if its really an issue. I used to drive maruti cars Alto/Swift and ford-icon but never face any problem with those cars.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Anil,
    For a moment i was in Saudi Arabia....:D thats the reson i said 4x4...
    but still i'm not convinced with Alto,Swifts in desert safari's....
  7. vishnoianil

vishnoianil

Gurgaon
    okay :) Actually roads i am referring here are sandy roads rather then proper roads. So you will find lots of dusty sands on these roads and wondering excessive dust can create any problem with filters and shutdown the car . I am not going to take punto to the roads you are referring for sure :)
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Oil filter will definitely not get choked. If the air filter gets choked, you can simply remove it and clean it a bit. This is also unlikely to happen, unless go are driving through a sand storm for a long time!
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Hmm.. thanks, So now i dont know if i should spend another 550Rs or somehow get this calibrated :(
    Thanks for the response.
  10. krishna

krishna Timido

Scrapping of the bottom under the nose of Punto MJD

I have bought a new 2012 Punto MJD Dynamic. When I am parking the car in my house, I am having a problem, the front bottom of the car is slightly scrapping the ramp. The remaining part of the car does not scrape at all, thanks to the increased ground clearence. However, I am worried about the scrapping only at the front bottom. Is there a way to avoid this except for breaking the ramp and reconstruting it. Are there any accessories / technical modifications that will solve this problem.