1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Tron, you can't simply BS TASC equipment everytime. I have seen you do that often. It's not that if a user/member has bought a product, it is 100% accurate.

@theBlack, which service center did you visit? Perhaps, members can provide feedback regarding the quality of stuff used by that service center.

Also, you can visit 2 trusted petrol pumps with quality air filling system. Get the pressure checked from first station, drive away (so that person behind you in the que is not harrassed), check air with your equipment. Note down the difference if any. Then visit the second petrol pump and get air pressure checked. Then re check with your equipment. Note the difference. That way you can make out if your device is faulty by comparing the readings of all four checks.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    even i have digi. tire gauge and it shows incorrect value always , so better try Analog tire gauge
  3. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    Yashik ji, my apologies but im not atal bashing TASC equipments but i have been through. Galaxy guys did alignment job on my Linea & still pulling problem was unsolved. Next time tyre pressur was 36/37psi. When i checked it on fuel pump as ride was too much bumpy!

I agree every equipment have their own +/- errors but my experiance was bad so i stated that. Although when ever they did a good job i appreciated that too, don't think im trying to bash TASC every time!
    Well you think im bashing em then what else to say? I'll take my words back, my bad!

PS : mods can deleat my uppermost post if its passing out wrong message, im sorry for that.
    1 person likes this.
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    MODS NOTE - Please stay on topic.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2012
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    No two gauges will ever read the same!

Stick to a tire-pressure gauge at any one place (e.g. a trusted fuel bunk or a tire shop) and you will enjoy peace of mind.

Cheers.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I'm offtopic,
    Guys,

1. if i'm planning for long travel of above 1000 Kms,what should be tyre pressure check interval ?, i mean after how many Kms i should check the pressure.will be helpfull if it is defined in terms of season(rainy,winter and summer)...

2. Also,if i'm maintianing consistent speed of above 120 Kmph does it harms the tyre(heating -up) ?

3. Is it mandate to have stops in long drives,
    (For ex:- if my journey is of 500 Kms and i requires 8 hours to travel with halts.if i skip my halts and keep continously running to cover the distance in 6 hours(Urgency or emergency),here should we think about the tyres pressure.(which again relates to item no:- 2 ?)

P.S:- Precaution :-Accidents causing due to tyre pressure.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    No such interval. Whenever you stop for fuel, get the pressure checked, for your peace of mind. :)

No worries. In India, you cannot do a constant 120kmph for looong distances. And for whatever distance you can, it shouldn't be a bother ;)

Not at all. The only truly mandatory stop is for fuel, which we can't do without. Rest are all as per our personal convenience ( answering nature's call, snacks, tea etc).

1000km's is not a lot. Don't think about it much. Where possible stick to a not too fast speed and you'll feel even more relaxed, so will your car.

Cheers.
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Update guys - After pulling number of strings the parts seemed to have arrived last week. However I had to find this out myself and they scheduled a appointment on Thursday. Called the Tata Service Manager at TAFE reach and got on appointment for Monday, Couldn't go as planned so dropped the car today in the morning, Was attended by Tensingh as CRM was OOO. I asked about the caps for the elastic pads and he said the new models wouldn't need them, Both the elastic pads will be changed obviously. I've been told that the car will be ready by tomorrow evening. Will update you guys once I receive it back.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    gurjinder bhai,
    thanks for the reply
    then what are the reasons accident caused by the tyre bursts... i should have asked first:D does tubeless tyres bursts ?

just consider ,my car load is at extreme and i'm driving non stop, doesn't this increase the tyre pressure ?
    recently after continous drive i.e. after 4 hours when i touched the alloys.. god it was heated so much that when i touched the alloys i got gift of black spot on my hand.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I will advise to go for nitrogen. I am using it for past 1 1/2 years. I will check it in 2 months. But nitrogen should be filled with a authorised tyre dealer who has better equipment . Nitrogen will get heated less and for long journeys highly recommended.