1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    if there is a leak at idling too then check for exhaust leakages.

@ Subin, you need to get it checked from TASS. what was the highest rpm you could go.
    check the turbo boost by hokking up ECU scanner @ TASS.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    italia
    thats the reason for me now to visit TASS Sangli and also have hands on 2012 Punto and enquiry about GC
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am seeing that slowly all the Service Centres in Chennai are becoming a nightmare to deal with. This is not at all a good sign if Fiat is serious about the A.S.S. They have to do something to have this sorted out.

Concorde, Chennai
    The service is very bad as far as I have heard from the people who visited them. Both Ambattur and ECR centres are equally bad.

TAFE, Chennai
    I did have pleasant experience with them. But, after going through teky's experience, I am scared now.

VST, Chennai
    My personal experience with them has been very bad. For a faulty power window, they made me to run behind them (almost 2 weeks) to get this sorted and even after that they created a new issue in my car after correcting the power window issue. Another friend of mine and TFI'ian pdranjith too had a horrible experience with them for a fautly battery and wind shield issue on a 2 weeks old car. He is still struggling with the windsheild issue without any solution.

What options do we Chennai TFI'ians have?
  4. raj_90hp

raj_90hp

Mumbai
    @subin : check your air filter too, it maybe clogged.
  5. jitesh

jitesh

Ahemdabad
    thanks yashik doing that
  6. subin

subin

Kochi
    Shams, First time i am facing this issue.
  7. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    Brake Rotors gone hard

Hiiii....my punto has clocked 34k kms and at 30k kms i got brake rotors turned . Now since 500 kms i am getting a steering judder whenever i brakes at speed of 80+ . Got the rotors checked today and the mechanic told me that rotors have gone hard and they need to be turned again . Only 4k kms for a turned rotor isnt very less . Please advice guys
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I didn't get the part on the rotors becoming ''hard''. They are cast iron, they will be hard always. :p

Did you install new brake pads when you got the rotors turned the first time?

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  9. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    yes gurjinder I installed new brake pads when i got the rotors turned first time . With a run of 4k kms my brake pads have been started squealing . I guess its due to rotors getting warped .
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    4K is too less a mileage for the rotors to become warped again. Maybe they weren't surfaced properly the first time or they are beyond that stage and need replacing with new ones.

Have an experienced guy take a look at the brakes.
    1 person likes this.