1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. nitinjd

nitinjd Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thank you Tron, Gurujinder,fiatlover & bhai.

Your input will surely help.

Thanks you once again.
  2. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    What about using some penetrating fluid? Will it work?

The idea being keeping a small can in the car.
  3. :eek:fftopic- i searched through manual but couldnt find so posting here
    after how many kms should wheel allignment, balancing and tyre rotation be done...????
    thanks in advance
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Its completely normal just give some wacks to the trye and it will be out.
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Try kava motors , bombay for the boot.if they have the part they will ship it to u. : +9122-23827562
    +9122-23853131
    +9122-23828282
  6. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Tire rotation after every 15000 is what is suggested by FIAT.
  7. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    UPDATE:

After the change in the compressor the AC has been working quite well except for an issue which was informed to Fiat and the SC. The problem is when the AC is set @ 24deg constant the cooling is excellent @ higher ambient temperatures say 38 deg. As and when the ambient temperature drops the cooling also reduces and at a ambient temperature say less than 30 degrees the central vent start throwing hot air and the cabin becomes quite uncomfortable. Now my query is "Why does the ACC does not detect the cabin temperature and maintain the temperature @ 24 deg". The problem seems to be @ 24degs only which is my comfort temp. The AC is always set on AUTO & Recycle mode. You change the temperature, blower speed, or close the central vents the cooling improves.

After checking SC confirmed that there is a problem but the same is there in all Fiat cars:eek: Even the Flying Doctor confirmed that the issue is there in his car also. Does that means there is a bug in the S/W ?. Can some of you please check and confirm whether the AC behaves same in every FIAT car(Linea/Punto). This can be checked in all cars having ACC.

Thanks
    Kiran
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    hi Kiran, this is how the ACC works sadly.

say the ambient temp is 23 and i set my ACC to 23 and even if my cabin temp is 28 the ACC keeps blowing normal air as opposed to cold air till the cabin temp lowers to 23.

what i then do it just for a minute of so decrease the temp to 20/21 and then it starts blowing cold air and then i switch it back to 23 and it keeps blowing cold air.

dont know whether this is bug, but i shall investigate deeper into ACC functioning and get back to you guys.
    2 people like this.
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Has anyone replaced the engine guard of Punto? Is it covered under warranty?
    One of my friends punto's engine guard got damaged due to a major impact. TASS is saying that it needs to be replaced. After some argument and negotiation, they agreed to straighten the guard!
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    if it is damaged why will it get covered under warranty? any sheet metal/panel etc is not covered in warranty.

ask your friend to replace it if its torn anywhere. if its just bent a bit straighten it