1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    Fortune thane
  2. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    teky actually that was done by the SC. they changed my tyres with the tjet tyres and alloys. the sound was not there upon driving but somehow i am still not convinced. heres the pic. 19-02-11_1139.jpg
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
  4. Hi Teky, parts mentioned under 2 and 3 in your opening posts are not available with Concorde as well.
    OT - my car went for second service at Concorde and came back with a jammed front passenger door. Wipers are not in stock, Seat belt lock not available !!!
  5. nitinjd

nitinjd Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What you will do in this situation?

My car yestarday got punchare - rear left tyre mfg:Goodyear (195/60) around 9 pm and finally myself decided to replace tyre with spare one, so made all 4 nuts loose, put jack and removed all 4 nuts. But at the end i was struggling to get the tyre out from wheel(middle section where it holds the tyre). Finally i cannot able to replace tyre. Luckily my friend staying near by so decided to keep my car at my friend's place and he will take care through local panchare wala. I came back home through his car.

My car run till now 22KM and never did tyre rotation.

I want to know what might be the problem that tyre was not coing out? does i am missing some things? got Jam?

What YOU will do in this siutation? Reason asking this question as i am planning for long trip?

Along with fixing puchare should i go for tyre rotation and after that wheel alignment & balancing?
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Nitin

It is normal in all cars. The diameter of wheel where it fits on the axies of wheel is little bit smaller. That's why you faced this problem.

I advice you to do domestic leth work with the help of device which use local tyrewala to rub the tube before fixing puncture patch.

Rub the internal diameter of wheel disk with that device. So internal diameter will increase in some mm. By doing this you may not face this type of problem in future.

Some time it happens due to long time of non-removal of wheel
    I am not remebering the device name. I hope you might have got what I am saying.

If this happens again give 2-3 shots by hand or kicks in
    criss-cross manner to corners of wheel. But while giving kicks & shots take caution about jack slippege. :D
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I think tyre rotation(front to back and not X) will be of help. If you don't want to do tyre rotation, ask them to remove all four tyres and fix them back.

I have heard from TASS that tyre rotation sometimes introduces sideward pulling. So I didn't do tyre rotation at 3rd free service, but I plan to do that at the next service/general checkup sometime this month.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    There is NO problem of any kind. It is perfectly normal. Use the spanner , give the tire 2-3 nice strong whacks and it'll pop out like popcorn. Sometimes you gotta use muscle. ;)

And, 22,000km's without tyre rotation is not good for the tyres. Check the manual on what it specifies for tyre rotation.

Cheers.
    6 people like this.
  9. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
  10. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @nitinjd, bro its completely normal! I believe you are talking about hub. Its common in all cars. As rim of your car is held by hub & as their is no rotation in it, so little ammount of rust + dust is saturated in that minute gap. As tolarance between hub's OD & rim mounting's ID is very less it easily gets jammed.

Its not problematic though remove all your wheels & polish hub with sand paper(in rusted area) it'll help to strip out the old dust & rust as you havent done tyre rotation.

To remove your wheel from hub as gurujindar said, use some musceles, & give couple of thuds to bottom portion of wheel from inside or use a metal rod & stuck it inbetween hub & rim's spoke & put some angular pressure on metal rod which will help the rim to slid out of hub.