1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    It is really shameful for fiat. contact fiat customer care make sure that it is true. Who knows that the service people will be using your shaft for another vehicle
    Why not try to get the rubber from out side?(if available) I found them in alibaba.
  2. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    can you explain the symptoms of wheel bearing noise. initially even i thought the at the noise i hear is due to faulty bearing but the SC told me that it is the tyre noise.
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Thanks for your feedback guys, Much appreciated!

I learnt couple of things today during my visit

Spoke to two Fiat employees themselves to talk about spares and the actual fix for this issue and they were really keen to solve my issue as well very patient. Never ever they were found irritated, Kudos to them!

Don't blindly believe what your SA says, see it yourself to believe it. If you still have doubts post in our wonderful forum and our folks are more knowledgeable and willing to help.

Tata according to me is the worst partner Fiat has got, There is zero customer confidence and satisfaction delivered from those guys. They don't listen to what you say and want you to believe whatever they think is right. Think we should have big party once Fiat says TATA to TATA. I've given 1 rating in the feedback system and hopefully someone calls to hear my grudge.

Raised a concern through their website, Let's see how long this takes now!

I do keep checking the boot every other month and this quote from SA came as a surprise to me. However as I've updated above it's only the boot which seems to have damaged. Also one suspension mount will be changed according to SA, I'll try and push during the actual fitting whenever it happens. Thanks for the tip about caps, does that come along with the elastic pads or do we need to order it seperate.

Here's a picture of the actual boot which has got damaged, Not entirely damaged though. I don't think there would be any dust in CG joints now. I spoke with Fiat technical person who is Chennai and he confirmed that Boot is available separately.
    DSC_0128.jpg

Wheel bearing noise can be something like excess wind passing through, I can't seem to describe it exactly but it increases as you turn the steering towards left or right whilst driving. Why don't you try swapping another tire in that place to check if it's actually the tires?
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. jitesh

jitesh

Ahemdabad
    yups sam ...thank u friends it is exactly.....they had given me the dashboard and door trims replaced in warranty....but the dashboard which is given in warranty is not perfect.....
    with the old dashboard the color was chipping off...so they had given it in warranty.

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

HI GANGES made it exactly :p

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

hi ramjn ,..thanks ...sam is exact....it was dashboard which had color getting chipped and peeled off....in waranty i had dashboard and all door trims replaced....but the dashboard which i have received in waranty is not perfect.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Jitesh, if possible, take a few extra minutes to mke the thread title more informative/clear.

Even the email you sent to FIAT and the dealer isn't very clear. No offense but I had to re read it quite a few times to understand the meaning.

Can you post some photos of the new dashboard here?

Also, I would recommend you to send an email to dealer and FIAT again and this time, mention the issue more clearly. e.g. ley me modify the email text you have pasted above:

Hello sir,

I am an owner of a FIAT Grande Punto. I had certain issues for which warranty repairs were carried out by APSI Cars, xyz.
    My Blue&Me was replaced under warranty satisfactorily.

My dashboard and all door trims were chipping off paint for which I wen to the service center and the parts were replaced under warranty. The new parts after replacement look old and chipped. I have attached pictures for reference as well.

The details of the jobcard are as follows:
    JOBCARD NO JC-UnAMPL-AP-1112-011739
    JOBCARD DATE 03/01/2012
    the complaint -- sr no 5 jobe code no 0059116110 instrument panel

I would like to get these parts replaced with appropriate quality parts. Kindly resolve these issues.

Regards,
    Dr. Jitesh Bhatt

You will surely get reply if you format you mail properly and make it understandable.
    1 person likes this.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I like this teky :). I have been saying this all along ever since the sales experience with my Linea. I spoke to bunch of Tata guys who gave me irresponsible statements during the PDI issue with the car. All Fiat folks whom I spoke to listened to me politely and tried to their level best to help me. But, with the sales and distribution under the Tata Control, they did have only little options for me.
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Few days ago,while servicing at aftersales,i noticed that one of the shaft boots was torn-i was almost prepared to replace the shaft,when the mechanic came up with a replacement boot,and fixed it no time-cost me 232 bucks:)
  8. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    i was having same problem but they gave me free of cost replacement THAT ALSO IN EXTENDED WARRANTY
  9. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @aniket, where? Fortune thane or Galaxy?
  10. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    @teky,

Take a screenshot printout of this page where @Akshay4384 and @Aniket have mentioned their experiences and you can show it to the TASC if they disagree to your request. It cannot be different yardstick and judgement within the TASC group in India.

Abdul