1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Jitesh, your issues with the car are not very clear from the post. Can you elaborate on it with the background? Only then we can see if we can help you out.
  2. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    I think PROBABLY what Jitesh is pointing out is that he got some problem with Instrument Panel which PROBABLY was replaced under warranty however it seems old and used one for which PROBABLY he needs a replacement. TASS has taken his complaint and PROBABLY raised to FIAT for which they are expecting reply. And Jitesh is writing to FIAT and TASS to escalate matter himself PROBABLY ;)

BTW, I went through his text 5 times to make this conclusion titled "PROBABLY" ::O (no offence or pun of any kind meant here)
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Lets wait for jitesh for reply to make it "EXACTLY":D
  4. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    Yeah if he agrees to my write up I will change the title from "PROBABLY" to "EXACTLY" ;)
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Drive Shaft Warranty - Boot Torn

Guys - Dropped my car due some strange noise in the front suspension area. Left it TAFE Services today in the morning and my SA called at told the following issues

1-Drive Shaft damaged - Seems like the rubber part has given away. I was informed this wouldn't be covered under warranty and would cost around 5.5K including labor. This part seems to be in stock, However I didn't notice any strange oil/grease leak at that area till recently.

2-Right wheel bearing at the front needs to be replaced. There was noise every time when turning to right, I was told initially this is tire noise. As my car was shod with Good years I thought it's normal. However today the SA has confirmed that the Right wheel bearing needs to be changed and wouldn't be covered under warranty. Upon further argument it was agreed to be covered under warranty and as usual this isn't in stock

3- Front left suspension mount bushes seems to have given away. Again not covered under warranty as told by SA initially, same argument continued and finally accepted to change it under warranty. This part is again not in stock

The car's ODO stands at 34.5 and that's quite lot of work involved. Folks what's your view on the drive shaft, Also let me know if anything else needs to be checked along with this so that I don't have to visit these folks often.
  6. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    teky bro, this is common with all service stations! Firstly they simply refuse to give warrenty. We have to have push them for it to Replace under warrenty.
    About wheel bearing, what exactly is happening? Can't uderstand from what you've written.

About drive shaft, thats starnge! How come it got damaged? If SC is not giving it under warrenty, make some loude noise. Its the only way to make them work on it.

Also reg. a complaint on FIATs toll free no. for lack of spare-parts. It helps a lot as FIAT keep eye on dispatch & lets you know time to time about availability of part from their side.
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Wheel bearing if faulty should make noise irrespective of direction of car, were you hearing kad kad kad sound on turning right if yes then its the drive shaft (axle)

Push the SA to change both suspension mounts (elastic pads) and make sure they put Cap on them to prevent water damaging them again

Once in a month check the condition of drive shaft boot, any tear in that results in early death of drive shaft. The rubber can get damaged due to sharp pebbles hitting it when going over rough roads. Once it get damaged it allows dirt and other unwanted material to go inside the shaft and mix with the grease and resulting in damage of drive shaft.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    write to fiat. they should cover it in warranty.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Just landed at the service station to check the drive shaft, according to them it's the boot which is torn and the drive shaft seems to be intact. However the boot isn't available separately and hence need to change it completely. This is complete rubbish from Fiat. That rubber part should hardly cost 500 bucks in lieu of that they are making us change the drive shaft which is 5500 rupees.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk