1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Rev Happy Turbo

Rev Happy Turbo Novizio

Mumbai
    Re: Linea Issue

After 5000-6000 kms the engine quietens down and the smoothness increases (a bit).. depending on your mileage.
    Just keep a regular check on the oil level.. if the level reaches halfway of the flat part; top up.
    If the level drops to minimum; the car will tell you..

Since its a petrol, the oil will turn dark golden when you reach 10,000-12,000 kms.. it will last 15,000 kms if you are a sedate driver..
  2. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat

the engine noise is on a higher side. i do not understand why are they so unrefined whereas my 13 year old unos fire engine is still more refined and noise free.
  3. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam

At 2K means you have yet to go for first service. At the first service report this and ask them to check oil condition and level.
  4. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    My Linea didnt have few things

My Linea didnt have

1. Head rest for the middle passenger
    2. Blue & Me sticker :(
    3. My car color is Tuscan Wine which they call as Premium color. The car is expensive by 6 k for its premium color plus it adds up to the Road Tax and insurance as well. Now they printed the color as Purple Red which is no where close to the color. When questioned they said both are one and the same. I argued it is not. When they realised that they cant just fool me with their stupid reasoning, their sales manager appeared and apologised and promised that he will get it corrected in all documents. Please any tuscan wine color guys got it printes as Purple Red in the Invoice Letter/Tax receipt? Check it carefully. If the color is printed wrong (purple red is no where in their specifications and website also) get it corrected else you will have trouble in future.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: My Linea didnt have few things

I believe, first 2 things are not coming in new Lineas.

For #3, yes please get it corrected in all documents, specially in Reg Doc and Insurance doc.
  6. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN

For the benefit of all readers/members

You have chosen Tuscan Wine? It is their premium color right? They charge 5-6k extra for the color.
    Please be very careful. Now itself insist your dealership that you are not going to accept anything other than Tuscan Wine written in all the documents Sale letter/ Invoice Tax receipt, RC Book etc.

They made the mistake in my case. In my sale letter they printed Purple Red instead of Tuscan Wine. They argue that both are one and same. But that is not the case. There is no color code called Purple Red in any of their specifications. In my case either they made a mistake or they did it purposefully to pocket the extra money for the color and tax and insurance paid extra for the color. So be very careful. Insist that you want to verify the documents before they print it and send for registration purpose.

Whatever the color you chose, make sure that the same is printed in all documents. Else it will land you in trouble in future. Moreover TW color being premium color they are charging extra for that color. So RT and Insurance amount also is charged on this extra amount charged.
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Blue&Me sticker, Ash tray have been long with drawn.

Blue&Me sticker is now available as an accessory for Rs250. ::V
    Similarly, ash tray is no longer available.
    They are also planning to remove the cigar lighter and the newer batch comes without lighter (It just has a power socket).

Headrest- Well, I have said in the past that it has been withdrawn from newer Lineas except the T-JET which still comes with 3 head rests. Call FIAT Customer care for some clarity.

Point 3= Well I was sold TATA Grande Punto MJD ::OO by the dealer as per the papers. I got it corrected. Not a big deal but yes, it surely pisses the owner to see such a mistake.
  8. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi

No B&M sticker on my t-jet too!!!

PaddleShifter - Can you provide some more info on where can it be bought?? is it now in FIAT list of accessories??
  9. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore

Even My T Jet does not have B&M sticker.
  10. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Re: Few Problems

Draft a single mail and send it out to these id....'ceodesk@fiapl.com'; 'Mangesh.Kodalkar@fiapl.com'; 'Aashish.Bhardwaj@fiapl.com'
    I mailed a small problem which i was facing at Tata service center @ Hyderabad and they came back with the reply next day....

Don't forget to mention the name of the advisor at Concorde to whom you have talked about your problems....
    I bet that concorde guy will call you and say sorry and give the parts in two days....

I remember two engineers from Fiat visited Hyderabad for my issue in a Linea within two days.... They rectified the issue and even gave me a test drive of the 2010 MJD Linea on the ring road :) ...