1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    hey, that proverb doesnt fit fiat cars. come-on, get off your seat and the very next day you read my message go and change the csc to metal ones.

you will be in such a deep shit if it fails in some bad place.

Clutch CSC has no business , not to go well. it has to go well as there is no damn difference than the metal piston mechanism. 10 min work will save you a big fortune.

there is no bleeding required at all.
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I have talked about failure/replacement to service manager here. he said none of them failed after the upgraded redesigned plastic ones
    and there is no special directive from manufacture to do so.I belive he is pointing towards paid replacement .

Do i have any other option like circular or mail from fiat regarding upgrade which I can show it as proof considering preemptive measure .
    1 person likes this.
  3. vijay

vijay Timido

assam
    hi friends. i am also suffering from frequent under ground body scrapping even after very carefull driving. i had already damaged engine oil chamber which i had discussed in thread" mobil chamber damaged". so many my friends have driven my car and they are also of same view. i am living in rural area. what can be done to increase the ground clearance. fiat has launched punto2012 with gc 185mm. can old punto gc can be increased to 185mm. has fiat any offer for old punto. can i exchange my old punto with newly launched punto. please advice.

GP 1.4E+.
  4. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Why are you bothering with the H? Service intervals are quite clearly defined as 5,000-15,000-30,000-45,000 and so on, in steps of 15,000 kms.

Service is to be looked at from the angle of how much the engine has ACTUALLY run. Resetting the odo before completion of 200 kms will just make the H vanish temporarily, not erase the actual KMS run by the engine.

Btw, you bought the car? If yes, which one?
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ok, I am not aware of this as when I did PDI, odo read H 4km but when I went there 5 days later, odo was already reset to 0.

By the way, suppose resetting the H or the temporary odo also resets the service interval, what difference does it make?

Does everyone get the service done at precisely 15000km interval? Nopes. Some don't have too much running and don't even complete 15000km in one year. Some have such high running that they do 15000km in 6months. What if you are running on a long route when you complete 15000km and you are due for service?

You will get the service done only when it's possible.

So relax, this is of no significance. Temporary odo is just 200km.

@SpeedJet- Any particular reason for asking this question buddy btw?
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I want to know that if the ODO has been reset (i.e. no H present) then in that case can I use the service interval counter to see how many kms it has run. I had checked a car in which there was no H on the ODO, I checked the engine oil dip stick and it appeared clean. So I wanted to be sure if I can use the service interval displayed on the ODO as a reference to see how many kms it had run
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    SpeedJet, H on odo is not a reliable indicator of the car being driven for TD etc. If you see PDI thread, i have specified this at two places in my recent edit. A dealer might simply disconnect the odo.

In fact there is no consistent reliable method to predict this. But the judgement is based on considering multiple factors together. e.g.

1. Is there a separate dedicated TD car of that particular type with the dealer? E.g. TJet, 90HP, 1.2 or 1.4 petrol.
    2 tyre conditions. Remember those spikes present on the tyres? In the photo I have posted in PDI thread.
    3. Odo reading approximately corresponding with tyre condition.

Our main purpose while doing a PDI is to make sure that we don't buy a car like we buy a TV. Every TV we buy is virtually a display model except in a few big cities. Dealers keep a TV on display in showroom for 1-3 weeks and then pack it for selling while bringing a new piece from godown to be put up on the showroom wall for display for the next cycle.

In case of cars, this isn't the common practise but when a dedicated TD vehicle is not available, one has to be cautious.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    As per my guess+estimate , the service reminder will also reset itself, if the ODO has been reset before the 200 H km's. So , even if you reset the odometer at H 150, and make it 0, the service reminder should show 15,000km's.

200km's here or there make no difference at all to the service schedule. I'm sure FIAT would've programmed it this way.

Anyone checked this?
  9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Answer to question 1 is yes. For #2 and #3 the answer is partially yes

Thanks for all the valuable inputs guys. This is really helpful
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  10. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I too had same problem with my linea with plastic CSC although the CSC was going ok but erratic (sometimes hard /soft) so got it changed under extended warranty after running 48000 Kms to steel one and now all ok.
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2012