1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

clutch bearing is wear tear part and is covered till 35000 Kms in extended warranty as mentioned in the booklet. I think regular warranty would be same.
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

I asked Amogh to try and manually move the handbrake cable where it meets the rear hub, as it can get stuck over time when it is not properly lubed. I used to do this on a regular basis on an old Ford we have, till one fine day i disconnected the entire handbrake mechanism.

Sadly,for Amogh, the handbrake refused to budge this way also.

3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Plastic CSC in my july 2010 make punto90hp

My clutch pedal sometimes is super smooth but as engine heats up or hours of running clutch gets bit harder(coarse feel) . I had shown this to TASS for which they said it is due to faulty pressure plates. which could be rectified FOC in warrenty
    Recently out of curiosity I checked my CSC thingy ,which resides below the Battery and to my utter shock I found they are Plastic make.

Now I have heard so much of horrible stories of csc giving up and rod breaking .
    How should I get it replaced with new steel one ?
  4. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

jaydev its very simple . Just go the TASS and tell them to replace it. Its just a steel rod that they are replacing and is 10 min job. I too got it replaced around 3 mths back but please do get it replaced. My 90hp too is a june-2010 model
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Even I want to get it changed. But then there is an age old saying "If it ain't broken, don't fix it."

My concern is that I have read that sometimes, the clutch CSC change does not go too well. I have been out of touch of TFI threads for the past few months. I may be incorrect but the whole system has to be bled after CSC replacement. Failure to do so may lead to hard clutch.

Then, I have seen also seen how people have reported issues with even the newer steel CSCs.
  6. sungoa2010

If it is a major problem Fiat should done it for all cars free of cost. Does the CSC problems exist in other vehicles?
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Every car, bike, has his or her own known issues. Even space shuttles their own issues (Nothing is perfect). :D

CSC was the pre dominant problem of Punto. But not all Punto. Remember if 5 people faced problems regarding CSCs per month, there were 60 reported issues of CSC at TFI after 1 year. Count 60 issues and it appears as if it is a very very common issue.
  8. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

What is the relationship between the H on the ODO and the Service Interval?

Hi All

What is the relationship between the H on the ODO and the service interval?
    1. ODO had say H100 and the service interval was 14900. Trip A also shows 100
    2. At this point of time say it was reset mistakenly
    3. Say the car has now run 20 kms after the reset (i.e. a total of 120 kms). The ODO now shows 20, trip A shows 120.

After the reset, what shall the service interval show?
    1) Will it show 14880 or
    2) Will it show 14980

In other words, does a reset of the ODO lead to a reset of the service interval? Can anyone who has reset the ODO or who received a car without the H confirm this?

MODS: I am not sure if a thread for this exists. If it exists, please merge this with the existing thread
  9. Reset of ODO will not reset the service interval
    ...it will only start the trip for TRIP A and TRIP B depending which one you reset
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Pankaj, I am talking of the ODOmeter reset (not trip meter reset)