1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Bhai Em Pk models already come with 15" in Punto and all Lineas come with 15" rims. Do you feel the ride to be bouncy in your Punto 90 HP?
  2. Thud Sound is common i believe. It should be due to impact load on suspension. But any metal sound should be checked..i had a loose link rods which were mking such a metal-metal sound. after the rods were tightened the sound is gone.
  3. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Thud sound from front and back when going over speed breakers is NORMAL. It is the sudden unloading of a compressed long travel suspension spring that makes the impact on the road. As someone pointed out, if there is a metal noise added to it, then pls check.

abdul
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Sorry it is typing mistake. I mean 16 " rims instead of 15" rims
  5. I am planning to upsize the tires to 195/65 R15 ,which will get me 13 mm in increase in the diameter of the wheel.considering geometry it would rise the actual height by half of it.
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  6. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    I dont think there is any need to upsize tires . I have Punto Emotion Pack with 31k kms on odo . First few say 5k kms i scrapped the bottom quite a no of times but then i learnt how to drive on bad roads and since then i dont even remember when i scrapped the last time. Ground clearance is enough for Emotion Pack guys . I never slow down my car for speed breakers(except XL) and never did my car scrapped , sometimes there is just a normal thud from rear suspension which is pretty normal. I tell u what people are definitely into Fiat bashing . Just overlook plastics at some places in interiors and its a best hatchback available in Indian market . Polo may have much better interior fit and finish but the ride quality , handling , suspension , NVH , steering feedback , clutch , brakes of Punto is better than Polo.
    1 person likes this.
  7. amitgreat

amitgreat

Gurgaon
    Issue with trip computer reading

Hi, I am owning Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 MJD (current clock 17K). I am experiencing a weird issue, My Punto's Mileage meter shows me higher mileage reading as it is actual. From last 2000 Km, it showing me around 18 to 19.5 Km/L but in actual it is 15.4 to 16.5 Km/L (as fuel refilling). Is there anybody else who noticed this kind of issue? Please advice.:confused:

Thanks
  8. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    It's not a problem.MID will always show you more than the actual readings are.Even my 1.4 gives me overall 10-11kmpl while the MID shows 12-14kmpl :-D
  9. I agree with most of the points,how ever Punto in other countries comes with 195/65 hence that was the reason why i wanted to go for it.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I also find the idea of 65 profile tyres appealing, keeping in mind the diverse road conditions that we can encounter here in India.

This aspect has been discussed in another thread in detail.

Cheers
    1 person likes this.