1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    thanks for the reply.there is confusion in my mind in that regard so wanted to confirm.
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    why outside? if its identified that its the bearing noise change it in warranty at TASS
  3. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

I second Italis-Linea. It should be covered under extended warranty.
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    My car has has run 57000 Kms, mar, 2009.Is clutch release bearing covered in the extended warranty.Would this wont be termed as wear and tear since my car has finished 57000 Kms. I thought that since its a clutch part which is covered only upto specific Kms .
  5. mike-fiat

mike-fiat

Delhi
    I suggest you upgrade your stock tires from R-15 195/60 to R-15 195/65 immediately on taking delivery of car.. I replaced my stock ones with Yokos, amazing improvement in ride quality and ground clearance increased by almost 10 mm. Car has not bottomed out even once , even on failry bad rods / bumpers.

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

Sorry i meant bad road and speed brakers.
  6. mike-fiat

mike-fiat

Delhi
    Front Suspension Noise

I think i understand your problem as i have experienced the same. My car was delivered to me from Techno Mortors Dwarka, New Delhi on 8 Oct. Bad experience as they had not done the PDI. I did the PDI myself - gave them hell for it. However very soon i realised dull wooden sounds from front suspension when the car would go over a SLIGHTLY pot holed road at average to high speed. Link rods were changed but not much improvement. Subsequently the mounting and struts were inspected. The shock absorbers (OEMS are gas types) were very hard and on my insistence were changed today. The mountings were fine and are of the modded type. The noise is finally gone. All the repair work under warranty was undertaken at HIM Motors East Delhi. Mr OP Sharma at HIM has been a great help, very positive person. FIAT has a lot to thank him for keeping their flag flying. (Particularly when the supply and stocking of running repair spares is pathetic).
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2011
  7. HMV

HMV Timido

Thrissur
    I am taking the delivery of My Linea(2011 Model) 2nd January next year. I also has intention of changing the tyre to 195/65-15. But the SA discouraged me and he told me 2012 Linea will have stiffer suspension and he is of the opinion that the suspension spring can be changed later to provide a stiffer suspension for the existing model. But rather check with FIAT executives for authenticity of the above news
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Upgrading rim to 15" will lead to bouncy ride on bad roads.
    Coz in 2006 I had read review of UK GP in Overdrive magzine which has 15" rims
  9. I've upgraded mine from the stock ones to Michelin Primacy LC 195/65 R15 on the day I took delivery itself. Cost me about 15k but it's been worth it, ride quality is far better than the stock tyres and far less worrying about the car hitting something :). I'd suggest you do the same. BTW, the Primacy LCs cost me only 100 more apiece than the price you're getting the XM1s at.
  10. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    One point we all miss is the tyre pressure. Do we constantly monitor it? With full load you would require higher pressure to bear the load. This actually leads to some scrapes. I have experienced this very much. You can go over some big speed breakers easily when driving single or with navigator; but with full load in the car with luggage, you tend to scrap if your tyre pressure is not correct. Correct tyre pressure helps maintain the GC very much.