1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    When on long drives, turn off recirculation mode once in 2-3hrs for 10-15min. Run heating mode for few mins (suggested by some one on this forum???) once in few weeks.
  2. Bak ,
    Aware of any logic behind this suggestion ? I dont mind turning it off for 10 -15 min .But it will be very nice to do it knowing the reason ..

Ajit
  3. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This would introduce fresh air into the car, which will increase the oxygen level in the car. My non-stop drives(not even opening a window) extends upto 5-6hrs, where i had felt the difference by following this.
  4. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    I had this problem yesterday on my 2.5 month new Tjet. As I cranked the engine in the evening, the odo started blinking at 3120 kms. It kept blinking even when I started driving. Luckily, Concorde Motors is right next door to my office and I called the SA to see this. He came, and confirmed that he has heard this issue in other cars, but did not know what it meant!

There was no warning message on the MID and no lights on the cockpit as well. Anyway, I had to stop for some work and when I came back & re-started the car (after 30 mins), this problem was gone.

In the meantime, I had send SMS to some TFI friends and learnt that this is a normal occurance with no identifiable cause. Some say the B&M may have acted up, while others say the best solution is to shut off engine and re-start after some time.

I just hope this isnt something of concern? The Concorde Motors SA wanted me to visit the FASC, get the ECU hooked up to the OBD scanner and get it run for error codes.

Any inputs guys?
  5. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Flamenco Red colour for Linea not available any more.

Hi

Has anybody noticed that Flamenco Red colour is no longer available for Linea :eek:. This was one of the most beautiful color in linea. My friend wanted to buy it after seeing my linea in this colour. We checked Fiat website and its no longer listed there :punch.
  6. somu_200

somu_200

Hyderabad
    is there any reason for stopping this colour? i bought it recently ...
  7. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    I dont know, i was also shocked not to see the colour there.
  8. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    How to check if turbo is working??

Hey Guys,

I own a TJET and I have a niggling doubt about the turbo charger. How am I supposed to check if it is working.
    Reason is, in past JET used to provide eyes to the back of skull acceleration above 2K PRM, but right now the acceleration is a little meek (or sober) and its not the same any more?

How can I check it? I really want to be sure before I visit FIAT's ASS...

Regards,
    Sid
  9. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    buddy you have got used to that feeling, stop ripping your jet for a week and rip it again after that you would feel the same pull

If you really want to check either go to TASS and ask them to check turbo pressure reading.
    OR
    Buy a OBD II scanner yourself and use that to scan turbo pressure
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  10. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Mate me waited for a week before asking this here :)
    If I go to TASC it will be my 4th visit in last 2 months (1 regular servicing, 2 AC issues in past)