1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. sungoa2010

What is the price difference?what about warranty
  2. Sam

Sam Amatore

Ok thanks guys this was useful.

@jumu - I did the basic maths about my average brake pad consumption which is as below and I think I can go another 2k kms before I meet an accident!

For every 1 mm thickness consumed I drive = Number of kms driven (12000) / Original thickness (18mm) - Current thickness (5mm) = 923 kms.

Hence for another 2k kms I will spend 2mm which is still a safer bet.
  3. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

how come puntos driving inside the cities are having their brakes worn so soon??? are you guys so rash in town, ease your right foot guys. my linea with which i spend most of the time on highways has given me a life of 30k
  4. prem

thanks guys, got the tyre pressure checked. Now I have 30 in all the tyres and the ride is much better.
    There is another minor issue- May be not even a issue.
    Whenever I take the car out after a few hours( like more than 8 hours) I hear a slight 'frrr' sound on the left side. Sounds like coming from somewhere near the near left door. The sound goes away after a few minutes. Also, I hear the sound only when I am going at speeds above 30 or so. Any idea what that could be?
  5. Hey Srini .. I use to fill pressure to 30 PSI initially and when I saw that it is 32 PSI for 195 tyres ( written on the sticker which is on the side of driver seat ) I filled 32 PSI around a week back . But with 32 PSI the ride is very bumpy .. and with 30 PSI the ride is smooth . So I returned back to 30 PSI .But I wonder , in that case why they have mentioned that it is 32 PSI for 195 size tyres ? :confused1

6. Sam

Sam Amatore

I feel brake pads worns out much faster when driven in cities on crater like roads with congested traffic and hurrying (read rash) drivers all around. On highways the only paddle matters most is accelarator.

Also from what I have heard the Punto's braking compound is little softer for effective braking hence chances of it wearing out on heavy usage are more.
  7. Tron

Tron Superiore

Hey prem your explanation dosen't define anyting ferm that we can tell you about the source of sound.
    But as i noticed you are owning MJD, i'll say this 'ferrrr' is present in MJD. Check it out if that voice coming above 30kmph or in between the range of 1700 to 2000 rpms. Cause between this rpm range every MJD creates that 'ferrrr' sound from turbo.It is due to turbulence inside it. So next time while driving, check if the sound you are saying is having same symptoms.
    Its totaly normal. But if it is a rattle then you might have to work on it.
  8. This is only because there is leakage in the AC pipe assembly. Get this checked at the service centre and the should repair it free of cost. I also faced exactly the same issue with my GP MJD 1.3
  9. anoop

anoop Superiore

At the cost of stating the obvious - are you pushing the fan switch to switch on the ac? or are you just rotating it to start the fan?
  10. Since we are discussing AC issue here let me put across my case too ..

Even in my new punto 90 hp , I was getting bad smell from AC vent after a non stop drive of around 2 hrs. .

This happened when I had a long drive of 2 hrs ( 170-180 odd kms ) with AC on 100% . It was there for 2 -3 minutes . And once i switched off the AC and then switched ON after 5 - 10 minutes , it was gone . Can this also because of the leakage in pipe assembly ?
    This happened when my odo was around 1300 odd kms old .

I have not gone for any long trip after that and hence didnt faced any issue like this again . But i will be doing few long trips in nxt few months.So want to know whether this can be a serious problem .

I will be going to service center for my first service by next month . So should I ask them to check for any leakage in pipe assembly ? or can there be any other reason for this bad chemical smell from AC ?