1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    Sid

When the AC is switched on there is an additional load on the engine. But no sound is coming from my Jet.

If the sound is more it could be more tightening of Compressor drive belt, Comp or Clutch bearing defective , assuming the cooling effect is normal.
  2. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    The cooling effect is normal but the additional noice is bugging me. I am worrying if it will snowball to some other issue.
    I checked and the sound is from the cooling fan switching on and the engine is sounding a little coarse now... I thought it would be smoother now after the service.
  3. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    It is normal. TJet is noisy on the outside when the engine is idling. When you switch on the AC, there is an additional fan and a compressor which turns on. Even I have noticed the sound.
  4. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    Yaa me too facing the exactly same thing . A lot of sideways movement on bad roads and on smooth roads the car is very stable . I think its because of uneven tire wear as i am facing this after my 3 alloys got bent . It wasnt there before 15k kms.
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    It's a problem related to wheel Alignment. Go to TATA ASS. & get the wheel realigned.

Factory alignment is bad. I am also facing problem of slightly pulling at left.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    when u switch on the AC in hot climate the AC fan switches to speed 2 and the noise is extreme.

when u switch on the AC in cold areas, eg parking etc the fan switches to speed 1 and noise is very less.
  7. SnakeRider

SnakeRider

bangaluru
    Sam,

you can run your car till the service checkpoint. even during my 'FGP active MJD' 15k service i was told that only arnd 5 mm of pad is left & better get it changed, but i got em changed at 21k kms.

-AbhinNav
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    @samir,

One other way you can decide on the replacement time can be by measuring the thickness of the original brake pad, minus the current thickness and divide by the kms covered. this is your wear rate depending on your driving style. Then you can figure out how much more you can push the pad before you change. tobe on the safer side a 2mm limit is best. Don't go more.

Abdul

Abdul
  9. OCTANE

OCTANE Amatore

Cochin
    UPDATE: My Lineas mileage seem to have returned to normal automatically. On the last week of November I tried to give my car to Concorde but they said they were too busy and can take the car only the following week. Since I had to use the car in that time period for some journeys I decided not to give the car and use it as it is. And thus I completed around 500 kms in 3 days. In between I kept on observing the mileage and I did observe the mileage figures improving. Some days before I went to one of my relatives house in the morning which is 62kms away and i tried to keep the car at 70-80km/hr so that I can extract the maximum mileage. And I got a mileage of 14.2kmpl in MID:clapping. This is 40% city and 60% highway with very winding roads and bad stretch at some places. Earlier I used to get 13.7kmpl for the same stretch(driving at 70 - 80km/hr with some occassional bursts to 100). But when I returned increased traffic reduced the mileage to 13.4kmpl. These days too I have kept on observing the mileage through MID and I think things have returned to normal. Also mileage calculated from reserve to reserve is 1kmpl less than whats shown by the MID. Don't know what went wrong with my car during those days.
  10. Just my 2 paisa's,
    Switch to Iridium plugs you may get better combustion and might improve mileage due to increase in volumetric efficiency.
    I recommend NGK,although Bosh is close but not as good as NGK.