1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Prem, that is one hell of a stretch . Even with my 195 tyres I am dancing on that stretch even if I crawl in 2nd gear . I assume that yours will be lesser profile tyre . That will be one of the reason . If you are finding the car stable on highways and if you can cruise the curves @ 80 - 90 kmph with comfort then there wont be any issues with your car .

Also in safer side , as other members suggested just check the wheel allignment and the suspension to make you feel better .

2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Prem maybe you can catch up with any of our TFI Chennai guys and you can check it on their car or you can let them check yours . Do check the tire pressure prior to that . Alignment can be checked after confirming that there is an issue.
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

aah now i got it. first of all there is no alignment problem, so dont get confused. fill in exactly 33psi in all tyres.

what you are observing is not a body roll. i think its the pitching. it happens on heavy vehicles. for example when i was on my south trip, i came across many multiple speedbreakers. i mean those which have 4-5 small ones in line. when the car slowly goes over it, 1st is gone, 2nd is gone and the cars nose starts pitching and on the 3rd or 4th the bottom hits the speedbreaker due to heavy pitching.

same thing happens if there are lot of pot holes.

body roll is termed as lateral movement and happens when taking a turn. there is no body roll whatsover in fiat cars.
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  4. prem

Hey Vijay, thanks.
    I am going to check the tyre pressure and alighnment asap.
    I haven't tried corenring, but wight shifting is what happens when those bad stretches.
  5. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

Yup... after proper(so called) alignement from TASS, my car started pulling towards left... i got the alignment done outside ,then it was good...
    i dont get it how come the alingment is not proper in new cars...
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I think the software they use is outdated one (weird guess though).

I had similar issue immediately after alignment at 5k km. then they re-did the alignment with a different punto settings (I think custom settings) and it got fine.
  7. prem

thanks a lot guys. I will get the tyre pressure checked on Saturday. If that is fine, then I will get the alignment checked.
    I will be glad if any of you chennai guys can drive my car and see if there is a fault. I work very close to SRP tools junction.
  8. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @prem: I work at Ascendas Tech Park which is very close to SRP Tools junction. Drop me a PM so that we can catch some time. Btw mine is a 90HP Punto July '11 make.
  9. Srini

Srini Regolare

If you are driving single or onlywith one passenger keep the tyre pressures to 30 PSI - cold - in all tyres. Do not exceed that.,
  10. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Sound when AC is switched on

Hi Guys,

I am facing a issue after 2nd servicing of my Linea TJET. As soon as the AC is switched on there is an additional and distinct sound from the engine and it goes off as soon as the AC is switched off. The usual idling of the car is almost silent but when the AC is turned on it sounds like a diesel engine with distinct whirring sound?

Any ideas what can be checked?