1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    did u check air pressure?
  2. prem

prem

Chennai
    hey, I did not check the tyre pressure. But do you think inflated tyres can cause this much body roll? On bad roads, it feels like a boat in a storm. Goes to the left and then to the right.
    In any case, I do not think the tyres are inflated. There might be low pressure but certainly not high. I can tell just by looking at the tyres.
    Guys from chennai, to give you an example: this happens at one of those bad streches near vijayanagar bus stand when you are coming from taramani. about half a kilmeter before vijayanagar bus stand, the roads are really bad. Also on the road before the vijayanagar fly over.
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    even if the tyre pressure drops there is lot of flex on the side walls. i had faced this problem once. first check the air in atleast 2 digital filling stations and then try the same.

how many kms do u have on odo?
  4. prem

prem

Chennai
    will do. So whats the ideal pressure for punto tyres?

the odo reads 800 + kms.
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Prem - I don't know how fast you can go at that place. I regularly use that road and I can't cross 10km. The suspension is definitely stiffer which makes you feel the pot holes when go slow, is that what you are terming as body roll?

Why this kolaveri on Fiat
  6. prem

prem

Chennai
    teky, I crawl over that stretch as slow as I can. So speed is not the factor.
    And its not the feeling on pot holes I am talking about. I am talking about the car doing huge left and right movements. I don't know what else is termed as body roll.
    Forgot to mention that It happens on speed breakers too. Not as much as on bad roads, but the rolling is there when I go over speed breakers even at very low speeds.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Now that I am confused. I am guessing you may be having alignment issue. No harm in getting it checked at a nearby tyre shop. I recommend Ramesh Tyre at Velachery.
  8. prem

prem

Chennai
    thanks ramesh.
    am in Hyderabad now. Will get the alignment checked as soon as I am back
  9. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    yeh better check your car. Cause body roll & that too as much you are mentioning is bit odd. Have you faced it on highways while changing lane? At normal 80/90 kmph?? Check if you are facing it on highways too or not. Its unlikely to happen on this scale you are refaring.
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Buddy what you are facing is not body roll. Body Roll is the action of car weight shifting on one side during cornering.
    To check the body roll try attacking a corner with high speeds like 90 above if you are confident.
    If you haven't checked air pressure after taking delivery of car I am 100% sure it is above 40psi.
    A little stiff suspension + higher air pressure is the probable cause for you swaying left and right.
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011