1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Odometer of T-JET started flashing upon reset. What to do?

Hi TFIans.
    Yesterday, I received an e-mail from someone "anonymous" (non TFI member) who has bought a T-JET. What he did was that he kept the trip button pressed for a few seconds so that the "H" on the ODO disappears.

Now, something strange happened. His time, date and ODO started flashing (Just like what we see with the time setting when we disconnect the negative terminal for 10-15minutes). He reset the date and time which is now ok but he says that his ODO is still flashing.

Here is the part of the mail quoted for reference:
    Any possible solution? I have requested him to join TFI and post more details here. :anyone
  2. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai
    Re: Odometer of T-JET started flashing upon reset. What to d

I had the same on the day i got the car. I was trying out the menu options and dont know what i pressed. The MID was blinking with the letter H. I switched off the car and on again and it stopped. No reoccurence so far.
  3. Re: Odometer of T-JET started flashing upon reset. What to d

Workaround - remove the battery terminals and reconnnect after few minutes. It should work (microsoft technique ::O ).
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

I suggest best way is to drive the car to service center and get it fixed there, if normal procedure of pressing the trip for few seconds doesn't work.
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

If removing battery terminal didn't solve his problem then he needs to get the proxy alignment done through dealer. This should be done under warranty.
    Also ask him to update to latest Blue N Me.
    When I updated to Blue N Me 5.5 Ver 1.1 I had the same Odo flashing problem which would disappear after turning the key on & off. (May be his BnMe has 5.5 Ver 1.1 factory filled)
    BnMe 5.5 Ver 1.2 fixed that problem for me. Now even BnMe 5.5 Ver 1.3 is available. Fiat is very proactive in releasing updates.
  6. amolmane

amolmane Guest

Warrantee Issue ?

Hi

My TATA dealer says Warrantee for Suspension System is limited only upto 30000KM :confused

Is this true ?

As per booklet of TATA , limited warrantee for suspension system is applicable
    only to TATA TAXI Vehicle.
    This rule is applicable only for TATA cars which are registered as TAXI not for private car

So TATA dealers can not deny warrantee claim of fiat cars by giving reason of odometer more than 30000 KM

As per my information, FIAT has full warrantee to Suspension system of car.

I think some fraudlent TATA dealers are deceiving FIAT customers by applying rule of TATA TAXI Car & exployting fiat customers. :A

Is there anyone who has got replacement of Suspension parts under warrantee even after clocking more than 30000 KM :anyone
  7. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Warrantee Issue ?

who is your dealer ?

Why don't you send an email to service@fiapl.com and get clarification.

Is there anything wrong with your cars suspension ? Why did the question of warranty come up ?
  8. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune

off-topic : Hi Amol , we all appreciate the inputs and concerns you raise but somewhere I get the feeling that you repent buying a FIAT. Please take a little time to review all possible solutions , consider contacting the authorities .It doesn't sound very nice when you end every one of your posts with FIAT and FRAUD and CHEATING . Nothing personal against you . Please don't take it the wrong way .

Every time we misplace something in our house we don't go around shouting and calling people thieves , right ! Similarly , if you're not satisfied with the answers that you get from one authority write emails to everyone we have on the mailing list . And if you still feel you're not satisfied there's the consume court . I've read cases on T-BHP where people have filed cases against SKODA and won .
  9. amolmane

amolmane Guest

front suspension mounts worn out.
    I enquired at dealership.
    Customer Service Manager told me you have to do in paid job. Because your car has crossed 30000 km.

Please read my threads " Loss of power" & "Dealership Exerience.Then you will come to know how I am being harrassed by TATA Dealer from the 1st service of my car . :A

By reading you wil also agree that FIAT has made again mistake by making J V with Tata
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

I think it's been mentioned by someone before in the ??Did You know series thread or some similar thread that the suspension warranty is till 30000Km only so one should get it checked before 30000Kms. I will search for it and post link to that post here.

EDIT: Yes, it is here, a post by forum member FastLove:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=644&p=12688&hilit=30000km#p12688