1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

can we please stick to the topic and help him getting back the lost mileage on his stock car?

@ octane - if the spark plug leads have gone bad replace them. check for uneven wear of the spark plug point.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

With just 12500km's on the clock, i don't think the spark plugs/leads are due for a change anytime soon.

Stick to company specified spark plugs, no fancy plugs (read Iridium plugs).

It might sound silly, but do a reset of the tripmeter, drive around normally and re-check mileage. Also, during those short runs, does the car even warm up fully ( assuming you start with a dead cold engine) ?

3. drifter

drifter Regolare

At 12,000km I would change the spark plugs in any case.

Airfilter should be changed by now too, which will help. A K&N replacement filter will be as good as a OE filter in terms of fuel consumption. Only a complete air intake revision can reduce fuel consumption, but needs to be designed correctly.

Different fuel suppliers have different additives in their fuels, which can vary fuel consumption by up to 10%.

Sticky piston rings are often the cause of increased fuel consumption.

There are many more reasons that can affect it.

Gurjinder's advise of metering the fuel consumption is far more accurate than the display figures.
  4. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

In my Palio I never changed spark plugs. It was at 34K when I sold the vehicle.

What is the interval we need to change the plugs ?
  5. sungoa2010

Check the IC. Does it show the same figures as earlier. Take the vehicle in highway and check it when it is in a steady speed of 70-75 km with very light foot.
  6. apraveen25

apraveen25 Novizio

Music system - How to turn off repeat

Hi All,
    1. My pen drive songs are always repeating(never tried CD) until I press "Next" button on my steering wheel. According to the manual button "4" will do on/off the repeat function, but it seems not working in my case.
    2. I also have trouble to navigate the next folder in pen drive.

Please help.

7. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Use voice commands.
    1. Press Windows button (the one which activates voice commands) and say "Loop Off".
    1 person likes this.
  8. apraveen25

apraveen25 Novizio

Thanks Toruk. I will try this in the evening as I already reached office.

Any Idea about "folder" navigation as well?

OCTANE Amatore

Thanks for the replies guys. But I will not be able to take the car to them today. In addition to this I have two more issues to be rectified. In October my Lineas left side fog lamp cover had gone missing. The very next day I enquired concorde whether this particular part is in stock or not. They said they have it and will fit it on my car when I go in for service. As usual when I went in for service on Nov11 they say they don't have it. They say they have only right side and not the left side. I asked them to get it as soon as possible and he said he will have it within three days. Today its Nov22 and still they don't have it.:A Also my car had developed rust in some areas and the sealing on the edge of the doors and the boots was cracking. I showed it to them and they said they will send the photographs to some higher official and will do the treatment accordingly. Last week these guys had agreed to repaint these portions but now they say they can't. These guys were first arguing that the warranty against rust is only for one year. Then I showed them the service booklet. But still they are not ready to do anything. Atlast Fiat service is starting show its ugly hands!
    I don't know whether I should change the spark plugs. I had a Palio 1.2 ELX before my linea and I remember changing its spark plugs at 42k. May be I should clean it. Let me call them once again and see what they are saying about this rust. If they are not ready to treat it under warranty I will have to contact someone like Mangesh. Till now Concorde, Cochin was pretty good in service. As a result 2 of my friends and a relative had gone for Punto with my assurance of good service from here. But now these guys are making me mad!:( Concorde is around 45 kms away from my home. I am not interested in taking my car to them each and every day for these issues.
    @sungoa-I am yet to check the Instantaneous consumption like you said.
  10. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

You are welcome apraveen25.

I've never used it, but it's the same process. You need to say "Folders" and then navigate using buttons.

Alternatively, you can always use buttons for any settings. i.e. Press "Main" and then selects options.
    1 person likes this.