1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

^^ Im exactly facing the above in my Linea 1.4. When the A/c is off the car zips very quick(feels light) and with the A/c on it really struggles to achieve momentum.
  2. i suspect the Gear box oil would be the causing this. just try to change that first, can cost you total of approx 1000Rs (oil+labor). As you said you have new CSC. That means the complete set is new. Anyway your 3rd free servicing is due just try to get all the fluid changed in front of you.
    Don`t get panic it will get resolved.

Best way to deal with Service Center is "be friendly with them", give good point even some small things is not done and you will be treated as royal and with full attention. All your problem will be solved :) Trust me on this.
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

ashishhawk your engine is idling at very high rpm's.
    My car idles around 850 rpm and so does other MJets from Fiat, Maruti or Tata.

Ask the TASS to check battery voltage and also ask them to test the accelerator pedal sensor.
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  4. @ravi: i can understand your situation, in bangalore city i get 13-14 without AC but in highway i get 18-20 with 40% A/C. Getting good millage in bangalore is very difficult. Every 100mts(My way to office domlur) we have traffic signal and sometime need to keep the engine on. My car have done 1st servicing and it clocked 4800kms till date. I`m waiting to see the magical figure of my car :)
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  5. Srini

Srini Regolare

Thanks gurujinder. Your explanation is very logical. it should be the case.

OCTANE Amatore

*URGENT* Decreasing mileage of my Linea 1.4

I own a Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack bought in Nov 2009. The car has done 12500 kms till now. I was happy with my Lineas mileage as it used to give around 13kmpl under normal driving conditions(assuming 50% highway and 50% city). Till September 2011 I was getting the same mileage as mentioned above. But last month I started observing that my Lineas mileage was dropping. But since my third service was to be done in November I decided to wait till then. The third service of my Linea was done on 11 November and since then I have been observing my Lineas mileage carefully. Now I am shocked to see that my mileage has reduced by around 1.5-2 kmpl. Last week I was checking my cars mileage for each and every distance traveled in this car whether long or short distance. This is what I found - Earlier where my Linea used to give 13kmpl now it gives 11.4kmpl. For very short distances upto 2kms where earlier my car gave 8.xxkmpl now it gives 6.7kmpl.:eek:. For 7kms of pure city driving where my car used to give 9.4kmpl now it gives 7.5kmpl. Altogether there is a mileage drop of 1.5- 2kmpl. I have not noticed any loss of power or anything like that till now. I don't know whats the reason for the drop in mileage. I don't feel like the breaks binding or anything like that. Air pressure was also checked. Possibility of bad fuel is also very less. All these figures are shown in the MID. Already rising petrol prices are eating my pocket and now this! I also have an i10 Kaapa2 and that car is rubbish when it comes to mileage department. It gets around 1.5kmpl more than my Linea. I am planning to give my car tomorrow for checking this but before that I would like to get your suggestions and thoughts on this. According to my experience FIRE engines are good when it comes to mileage. My cousins Punto 1.4 has very good mileage far more than my i10. Any way please shed some lights on this because otherwise those idiots at service will have no idea what to do. I have never seen such low figures coming up on the MID of my car.
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

1. The airfilter should be clean - replace if too old.

2. The throttle body should be clean

3. The spark plugs should be clean and the gap should be perfectly set with gauges.

with all these basics set right you should get a good mileage.

OCTANE Amatore

I think the airfilter has been replaced during the third service. Will ask Concorde to check out the rest. Is it necessary to replace spark plugs during the third service? I saw it in the manual but dealers said they will check it only.
  9. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

go for irridium spark plugs and a k&n filter for more mileage.

my alto in stock condition gave me 14kmlp in city with 100% ac
    with k&n filter and irridium plugs its giving me 16.5 in the city( bangalore traffic)
  10. harry2

harry2 Timido

Has anyone installed K&N in linea. is there any increase in fuel efficiency. the cost is 4.7K for K&N airfilter for linea. is this worthin installing?