1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. anoop

anoop Superiore

I just checked the same on my hatch door and guess what - I do not have rubber on both sides :|
  2. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    LOL let me check tomorrow and update..
  3. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Charging for extended warranty when your car sales are going down !

FIAT India seems to be going on a suicide path.

For the record, I got mine free with TJet+.
  4. order Fiat car spare parts at cheaper :

Fiat part order from mumbai:
    -----------------------------
    Contact Information

Name: Mr. VijaySheth
    Mobile: +919833606750
    Address: 50/2 Modi Chambers, Near Kennedy Bridge, Opera House, Charni Road, Mumbai - 400004
    EMail: kavaauto@yahoo.com
    Landline: 022 - 23827562, 23853131, 28073272
  5. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    eagerly looking for some Chennai garages similar to Sai Colorium..
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Buddy I had once mailed them asking for the availability of Linea Arm rest & the parts for fixing it. But I didn't get any reply. Have you purchased anything from them ? Do they ship things out of Mumbai ?
  7. Hi cinju,

few of my friends did and they go it. please see that you call them and ask the details.
  8. for small and medium jobs on bodywork there is my painter Ganesh.He stays behind VST motors showroom in mount road.Its a little off Woods road.and for bigger paint jobs you can try out Hi Rev in Koyambedu or a new place called Sigma Car tech in ambattur and in Vellapanchavadi.Sigma car tech is managed by a person known to me.they do an awesome job and i got my bonnet properly resprayed from them after removing the carbon fibre vinyl.
  9. for servicing and issues other than body paint , Hariprasad automobiles in Shankar Puram Bangalore,they are fiat experts only work on fiat cars.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Recently i've had the opportunity to check out the Punto in some level of detail, and as pointed out in the first post of this thread, that there is only one rubber beading present on the bonnet, as encircled in the pic, it got me thinking.

IMG00070-20111024-0853.jpg

I reckon it's not a cost cutting measure. There is one, because there is no need for the second one. The single rubber beading serves a different purpose.

As seen in this engine bay pic, the air intake of the Punto is angled towards the slit ( encircled). Now, to prevent an accidental entry of water etc directly into this intake via the slit, FIAT have provided that rubber beading. And one serves the purpose. The second beading would be redundant.

fgpp.jpg

That's my guess+estimate. Please share your thoughts.

Let the opinions flow!:)
    4 people like this.