1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    Ashsh, Mine is also 2 weeks newborn to the road and have clocked 1500km with 40-60highway/city ride. The FE displayed is still 16.2+. dont worry for initial few tank tops as you'll love see the number increasing day by day as we get used to fiat driving harmony. I am also trying hard to break the habits and drive with least clutch and brake usage. Just take one thing in mind, shifting up quickly from signals and even when we see a few meters open space gives great feeling, but again when we touch break and clutch within 20 meters due to car next to us, we sacrifice the FE. ;)
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  2. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @ashishhawk, don't worry about your car's FE. Its normal! FIAT's engines tends to open up after some 3000/4000kms. This is a run in period too. So just let your Linea run till 3/4k kms & after that engine will start surpriceing you with its best.
    Do take care of engine in run in period. Don't cross limit of 100kmph.
    Don't drive her in same speed for long time on highway. Keep changing speed in variation.
    Show her some high revs but no too harsh & not too suddenly!
    On a vacant roads do brake hard till ABS kicks in.
    Always use normal diesel. Never go for primium diesel i.e. Hi speed,Turbojet etc.
  3. ashishhawk

ashishhawk

Pune
    Thanks @tushargn and @Tron for encouraging words.I cannot believing how good my Linea handles.Have driven a lot of other cars (about 10 different cars in india and 25 something in USA) and i must say i am very very impressed with Linea's handling and ride quality.

Another Question--I have installed ecodrive and trying to profile my driving style .However i am using a 1.6 L Linea as 1.3 was not in options .My profiling is pretty good except the GEAR part .Whats the accuracy of ecodrive for Linea 1.3 MJD ???
  4. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    dude its not atal proper with 1.6Linea.
    You should have reg. It with 90hp punto. We members using this for long time & its working well.
    1.6 Linea is total different platform of engine. Its tuneing, ECU are totally different that 1.3MJD.
    Get it changed to 1.3MJD punto 90hp. It'll work fine with that & will give more good, real time analysis.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mine was 11.2Kmpl when I bought it. Everyone at home was confused as we got 12-13kmpl during the first 3 months when the car had covered mere 1200Kms. FE increased gradually.

Tips to get good mileage with MJD:
    - Avoid short trips where the engine mostly runs cold. e.g. to the local market.
    - Drive sedately at a speed of 70-75kmpl.
    - Do not drive at an engine rpm of <1500rpm. Downshift if engine is lugging.
    - Do not do brisk acceleration by pressing the pedal with a heavy foot.
    - General FE tips- tyre pressure, fill fuel early morning,avoid parking in sunlight, etc etc.

Also, reset both Tripmeters (A and B) at least once post delivery ASAP.
  6. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    You will see magical figures once you cross 5K or post first service. This has been my case with 1.4 Jet

Try to use Instant Consumption to improve the driving style and extracting maximum mileage

Good luck
  7. You may need to wait until your cars second service.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I haven't observed any major difference in FE, post 1st or 2nd or 3rd servicing.
    But in this case, its just 500KM, so slowly, say with 2K to 3K, one would understand how to extract max FE, with adjusting to your driving habits.
  9. maverick

maverick Amatore

You do not have to wait till 2nd service to get good mileage. I have a 7 month old Punto which has clocked 10000kms with an overall average mileage of 16.5 kms/l. Once the car crosses 2k kms you will start getting good mileage.

Untitled.png
  10. Even my 4k 90Hp shows poor mileage figures in City. The last Tank full lasted only for 450Kms. When I Made the next tank full the auto cutoff was at 40.** lts. So the average was 11.2 - 11.4 [11.6 was in MID]. I am planning to make the oil change at 7k- 8k Kms on odo. I hope that should help the car to get a better mileage.