1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Was the central locking working when you had this problem?

Can i check something in the car as a temporary solution?
  2. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    central locking was not working, try to locate fuse for central locking and disconnect it and lock doors manually (word of caution, i had not experimented).
  3. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Try the front seats, Post a pic if possible. They are chopped and carved in the back to reduce weight. They looked to me like a chinese made executive chair with a mesh around steel tubes for back support.

Also, in the name of bottle holders they have made lot of portion in the car hollow.. Cleaver isnt it?
  4. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It is indeed the toyota etios diesel and this pic is of the front door srini bro

Looking at this the cost cutting in fiat seems like a bargain
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  5. No wonder customers complaint of water seepage in their cars...........:eek:
  6. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    And everybody complains about FIAT !

I guess FIAT bashing is the in thing now a days.
  7. Srini ..
    I have added these points also in the PDI list .. Thanks for opening this thread .. Atleast i wont be surprised like you once i start exploring the car onceit reached my house ..
  8. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I checked the manual and didn't find any fuse for central locking.

Fortune motors was not ready to give an appointment before Monday. I called Fiat Customer Care they asked me to contact a few others and if that doesn't work than they will intervene to get an appointment.

I tried Galaxy Mulund and they immediately agreed and requested to get the car to their Workshop, have left my punto at the Workshop and they said its a known issue and its usually a latch problem.
  9. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    You are correct. Inspect etios with a bit of sharp eye and you will notice a lot of areas where they have cut cost. Also, almost 75+ parts are locally sourced to reduce costs.

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

We talk about this because of the standard FIAT has set for itself. Let me tell you something. My cousin brother owns a Polo and he was boasting of anti-glare rear view mirrors in his car. I am not aware about anti-glare mirrors earlier. At that moment i realized that I already have this feature in my 2003 manufactured Palio. Not sure how many palio users will be knowing about this or would have used this feature. It shows the kind of technical advancement and sophistacation FIAT brings in their cars. It is natural to expect more when one is giving correct?
  10. ashishhawk

ashishhawk

Pune
    mileage problem with 1.3 MJD Linea

I have a 1.3 MJD Linea with around 500 km on odo .The mileage seems to be pretty low at around 12.5kmpl .Let me know if thats okay or there could be any problems .