1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Re: Problem in my Linea 1.4 :(

@chaos

I tried shifting at 2500rpm onward engine feels stressed makes harsh sound (typical italian growl i can say :D) Still the engine feels dead and then comes to life wen accelerated hard(1st & 2nd gear). Would the prob be clogged injectors?? Im driving my baby everyday now.Just managed 110kmph yestday on Est.Exp.highway at night.Cudnt go more due to traffic.Sumone plz drive my baby to understand the problem better.
  2. Re: Problem in my Linea 1.4 :(

@aaron visit the next TFI Mumbai meet am pretty sure lot of good folks on this forum will be able to help you out.
  3. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

If there is a difference in the pickup with ac at/above 2500 rpm lower gears then I guess there is nothing wrong with your Linea... ::T
    Its a European car, not meant to be driven like a japanese/korean car... (no offense) Try to drive a TD car at the dealers...
    BTW, that growl is good for the car... :mrgreen:

My take on the 1.4 performance is something like this..:
    at 2500 rpm there is some hope of life :confused1
    at 4500 rpm feel that hidden power ::OO
    at 6000 rpm the true colors... :devil

From that i can say that there are some virtual modes (in the engine speed) for power.. depending what I want i shift at the required rpm ranges..
    generally shifting at 4500 range limit, i would regularly get 8-9 avg in the city with ac.. mumbai (worli - town side)
    above 4500 the avg would drop to 7 below..
    2500 range the avg was around 10-11-12... all city bumper to bumper.. punto e+

The low rpm tuning is coz of the palio 5 speed gear box...! :A
    the performance wont change.. I havent driven a Kiirus tuned 1.4 so cant suggest on the performance change..

Clock those miles Aaron!!
  4. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

I second u Chaos... 100% right man...
  5. atul-mca

atul-mca Amatore

Faridabad
    How to turn off/on the rear ac vent?

Hello to Dear Fiatians,

I wanted to know if there's a way to turn off the rear ac vent as my car is usually driven with 2 ppl and nobody at rear. I couldnt find this in the user manual, so was wondering if thats possible at all?

Thanks,
    Atul
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: How to turn off/on the rear ac vent?

Atul,
    I think the rear vents works only when the direction of fan is towards "foot". Normally we keep the direction to "face", so no need to do anything.
    punto11 likes this.
  7. atul-mca

atul-mca Amatore

Faridabad

Thats not the case. Rear AC vent at knee level (not the foot level) is on, no matter where you keep the direction to. I think that is waste of AC energy at back ::pP
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

:lol: @Ravi- We punters should know this. Foot level rear AC vents work only when air is directed towards foot but knee level vents work when air is directed towards face.

@Atul- Try thisfor the rear AC vent. I hope you can shut it down like these front vents. These front vents can be shut off in the following direction:

[attachment=3:3iir9ufe]Photo-0069.jpg[/attachment:3iir9ufe]
    [attachment=2:3iir9ufe]Photo-0071.jpg[/attachment:3iir9ufe]
    [attachment=1:3iir9ufe]Photo-0072.jpg[/attachment:3iir9ufe]
    [attachment=0:3iir9ufe]Photo-0070.jpg[/attachment:3iir9ufe]

Photo-0069.jpg

Photo-0071.jpg

Photo-0072.jpg

Photo-0070.jpg
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Apologies Atul. I missed that you have Linea. :A
  10. atul-mca

atul-mca Amatore

Faridabad

No worries Ravi ::T I know that's because of the fact that we have too many Punters in the fiat family

@Paddleshifter: I know that can be done, but first this doesnt completely block the flow of air, second, it still waists the AC power. I wanted a complete turn off solution for the rear vent. :anyone