1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The rear track, whether same as that of the Linea, and mounting points (whether available on the Punto rear torsion beam) would be the only considerations i think of swapping the Linea ARB.

If an exact match, then the swap will only be beneficial. It's common to put in anti roll bars where none exist in the first place(where aftermarket support is present) , or to put in a much stiffer one than originally present.

Cheers.
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks G for clearifying it, me and dad having a slight arguement
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  3. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Thanks for the clarification everyone!!
  4. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Hi All,

What is the current tyre size Punto Emotion? mine is June-2010 model and has 175/70 R14. Recently I saw an Emotion variant and had slimmer tyres.
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Sure interested...is'nt it good thing, making already a great product even better.

How much should i expect the cost of new components..
  6. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Yep I too noticed this a few days ago and thought it was forgotten in the factory itself. Over at TASS had a look underneath the bonnet of another car - and surprise - it had none :shock: My determination to confront the SA just fizzled out, had to make a face saving retreat lest he gives me a look "Consider yourself lucky, at least you have one." :grin:
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Mine is July 2009 and has rubber beading only on one side. Will check for ARB and will try to upload a picture this weekend.

Even mine got 175/70 R14 BS. My firends nine months old MJD Emotion has a slimmer tyre.
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Nowadays Punto Active, Dynamic and Emotion variant has 165/80/R14 tyre profile.
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  9. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Thats unfair. :( I heard that new punto's doesn't hvae the foot level AC vent under the front seats. is this true? Is it all part of the cost cutting?
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I think FIAT has the only option to make profit which is cost cutting