1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Srini, Romi's Punto is one from the earliest batches ever. August 2009.

So, since Romi's Punto does not have the bar, then it's pretty sure that the question of it being deleted from later Puntos does not arise. Since Punto was not equipped with the ARB from day one itself.

The rumors of the ARB getting removed after 2010 are just rumors.

Cheers.
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Gurjinder - as Srini has quoted I do remember seeing that in old brouchre will see if it's still available with me.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  3. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Searched and found some old specs in car reviews.. Correct me if I have understood wrongly..

Untitled1.jpg Untitled.jpg
  4. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Paaji, While searching found that there is a safety feature in FIAT - "Brake Pedels breaking on impact" Googled but could not find proper reasoning. What is the feature and how it works? do you know?
  5. Owners handbook Pg 164

Guys having doubts please refer to your owner's handbook page 164.

Attaching picture for your reference.

Gurjinder is right... earlier Punto's also never came with ARB.

IMG0003.jpg
  6. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    So no cost cutting on the suspension.
    Many cars don't come with key hole on the passenger door.
    I found the rubber beading missing while taking delivery. Cross verified with other cars and it never existed.
  7. Gill

Gill

Could be a possibility that they never came with ARB, from the very beginning, otherwise removing them at later stage would have required more components to also be adjusted so as to attain the same balance without ARB. As I think the ARB is not like a plug and play thing or is it ???

Also cost cutting is done on the B pillars with the rubber surround ending on the doors top right corner
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Sir, it has indeed been proved that the Punto never came with an ARB.

Judging by the similarity between the Punto and the Lineas' suspensions,i'm sure the ARB of the Linea can simply be bolted onto the Punto, thereby eliminating some body roll from the Punto and providing an even more composed ride at higher speeds, especially when cornering.

Any TFIan interested in such a plug and play?

Cheers.
  9. I think the E packs dont come with passenger side door key holes where as Active and other variants without remote have this feature.

Mine is an E Pk and dont have this at all.
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  10. Gill

Gill

What about other factors like wheelbase, rear track, boot, weight, power ???? Wouldn't they make a difference ???

knowledge : spreads like a virus