1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The rear anti roll bar has not been offered in the Punto since 2010, if i'm correct.

It is only in the Linea, as to counter the additional weight and the size of the monocoque, which will result in more body roll than the Punto. And ofcourse, a bit of cost cutting also.

Can anyone from the early batch Puntos confirm this? A pic would be awesome.

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

Very right Romi.

Torsion beams. I'd forgotten.
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    also the weight reduction happened from April batch cars. It used to be 1290 earlier and was reduced to 1210 due to removal of ARB and use of different steel I believe.

Gurjinder - what picture do you want, let me know. I couldn't spot anti roll bar in my car.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  3. gurjinder

Punjab
    An under the body shot from the rear. The pic should have the complete rear ''axle'' in frame, when looking at it from behind the car.

Teky is your Punto the earliest batch one? They were rumoured to have anti roll bars.

I reckon we can clear a doubt by the pic.
    Cheers
  4. Mine is Aug 2009 make, will take pic and upload it
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

I also noticed this (the single rubber piece) but I thought I might have lost one somewhere :D
  6. @ Gurjinder

Here are the pics

PA246183.jpg

PA246184.jpg

PA246185.jpg
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    ^^ i dont see the anti sway bar
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    as per 2010 calalogue both punto and linea do not have it at the rear.
    for front suspension they are named as antiroll bar and torsion bar in punto and linea respectively
  9. gurjinder

Punjab
    Thanks Romi for the pic. It's helped clear the doubt whether FIAT cut cost by deleting the anti roll bar from the Punto after 2010 .

Here's a pic of the Linea's suspension.The anti roll bar has been marked with the yellow arrow :p

So, the bottomline is that Puntos never came with a separate anti roll bar. The torsion beam handles that duty.

Why it came in the Linea is easily explainable. More weight, more mass which requires additional measure to contain body roll.

@Shams - The Linea does have the anti roll bar. As seen in the pic below. It is also mentioned in the brochure as a "Stabilizer bar". Both the Linea and Punto have torsion beams at the rear. The only difference is the "Stabilizer Bar", or the anti roll bar.

Cheers

arb.JPG
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  10. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    As per earlier literature Punto as well had ARB / Torsion beams. Let me check if I have that brouchere
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2011