1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Get the wheels balanced from a reputed tyre shop. It's a simple issue.

And worry not about hitting 100kmph on the 90hp once in a while. No harm shall come. Our Linea was seeing 3500rpm's when it was run for only about 200km's. ;)
  2. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    The same thing happened with my punto when i bought it. Its a balancing problem , a very easy fix. Get it fixed at nearby tire shop and get the air pressure also checked . In my case air pressure for front left tire was 56 psi.:eek:
  3. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    On 11th October I have given my car to the SC for the 2nd Free service (14600 kms) along with the following issues to be rectified.
    1. AC- Compressor change and frosting issue to be rectified. They have finally received the correct compressor.
    2. Two noises from the left side - One is a humming noise most probably a bearing issue and second I feel should be from the exhaust (leakage).
    3. Water leakage inside cabin right rear seat. This is the 4th time they will be checking, hope they solve this time.
    4. Air noise from driver side. ( Again a repeated complaint )

In my 5 months & 15000 kms of ownership I have gone to the SC nearly 8-10 times. All the issues reported are not so severe but are irritants which FIAT could have solved at the first instance only and made me happier.

Kiran
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  4. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Little late to post this, but I have been to the Worli center and the Saki Naka center. The Worli guys are quick but careless. They often leave (grease?) smudges inside the cabin. The anti rust coating they applied (October 2009) did not cover the exposed metal in spare wheel bay and I can already see some rusting near the welds. Have now given my car to the Fortune guys in Saki Naka for some suspension work (thanks BMC/MMRDA!), also got the A/C kit finally upgraded (bought the car in June 2009!). Will be getting the car back 3pm today.
  5. Nice observation ! I experience this once when i was in the rear seats (bench) of Trax with the rear cover(tarpaulin) open..my face was black(smoke) and red(dust) after the trip.. :)
  6. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Cost Cutting by FIAT!!

I noticed that a rubber beading is present in one side and the other side is left intentionally blank - even though provision is available - under the bonnet. I checked another car in show room as well. The dealer informed that it always come as single. Have anyone noticed their car with both the beadings? Can i purchase one in TASS and fix it?

Also, the anti-roll bar from the rear wheels have been removed in the GP July-11 version?

Passenger side door does not have key hole for locking.

Are these ways for cost cutting by FIAT?

IMG00070-20111024-0853.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  7. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    There was only a single piece of rubber attached like urs from day one. Yup all these measures can b looked as cost cuting measures

Harmony & Chaos
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  8. I wonder whether fiat is exporting the same quality car to other countries ...
  9. I think it's more to do with preventing a free escape route to incoming air near air filter intake hose.
    other side is the A/C and engine radiator.
  10. These are my observations, maybe someone else has better knowledge regarding this.