1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Thanks Raviji and Anoop for your ideas.
    The odour is not very strong,not strong enough to be a dead rodent,also the odour did not worsen in 10 days,so couldn't be a dead rodent,anyways,I'll check
    Fungus could be a reason,good reasoning out Anoop.I shall try running in the hot mode(it is running the climatizer directly in the hot mode and not from cool to hot mode na?,because in doing so with a window A/C,the A/C once went kaput.)
    Also,I have another idea.I shall park the car in the open, under the sun for 10 minutes,with all doors open,may be fungus in the carpet area too
  2. anoop

anoop Superiore

Yes - parking under hot sun with doors open will also help, if ther eis any fungus growth inside.

Since it is manual ac, set the air flow mode to fresh air (not the re-circulation) and turn the cold\hot knob all the way to hottest setting (red) and switch it on in maximum fan seeped for 10 minutes.
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    I got rid of this smell by doing steam cleaning of vents, costed Rs 600 for all interior cleaning. Also switched back to Pollen Filter which I had removed from car when installing wiremesh filter.
    It's been 3 months no smell.
    The smell is due to Dust + Moisture.

Not moving back to Wire mesh filter again, would order pollen filter from ebay.co.uk. if needed in future
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Thanks Anoop and Vijay for your feedback.
    Vijay Khasa,why order pollen filter from ebay,when it's available at the TASS?
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    vIjAy_kHaSa - can you post the link in here please. Even I'm planning to switch back to pollen filter during my third service

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  6. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    I have a similar probem(amongst others!) and I think it is due to a dirty filter. I will be visiting the workshop for another issue and will get the filter cleaned and then see.
  7. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    It's hot most of the time during the year and a lot of pollution outside the closed windows and you need the AC a the time. So I never turn off the engine even for a 10 minute traffic stop(VIP passing etc :)). I also listen to music - battery guy told me recently that do not have music or blower on with the engine off since it will drain your battery. Anyway I told him I never turn the engine off.
  8. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    For petrol cars, whenever I have been away for more than a few days in the past, I have got someone to at least start the car everyday and keep it like that for 5 minutes. Keeps the lubrication flowing and ensures that the battery does not get discharged.On the other hand disconnecting the battery is also a good idea.
  9. govind

govind Timido

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Rats, Nonfunctional Odo & a seething stallion

Folks
    Mine is a 6000km / 7 months old Linea MJD. I had my car in the garage for4 weeks without any activity due to an official engagement that put me out of the country.

When I came back I found that my speedo, Odo and other dependent modules such as seatbelt warning, auto lock to be not working. Best was my car's response when moving from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd gear etc. Normally the MJD responds smoothly during these transitions but what I found during these days surprised me. The MJD jumped liked an enthusiastic stallion and I found it very odd to handle it. Not knowing the complete details I took him out for a high way drive and it drained the fuel. ( The pick up was more than I was used to)

Official diagnosis, rats! A 300 rupee bill and everything is back to normal including the response during the gear transitions. None of the folks could identify the root cause to the engine response although it was expected that the wires connecting the sensors could be the reason.

Any one in the knowhow of the MJD throw me light into this ?
  10. Steering Wobble at 90kph+

Hey,

Today morning I noticed that my steering wobbles at speeds at/above 90kph. Could manage to do a max of 100kph only bcoz of the roads, but the wobbling was constant.

Mine is a 1 week old GP 90HP with 350kms on the ODO.

Just wanted to understand if any other members faced the same issue while their car was this new. I am OK if this is temporary and will go off post 1000kms or so. Also, let me know if this could be because of faulty alignment/balancing. ( I noticed my car turning to the left slightly if steering is not held)