1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: How to remove GP antenna or is it removable at all?

Guys its not an easy and recommended task to remove the whole antenna assembly daily...
  2. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Problem in my Linea 1.4 :(

I normally keep the same temp.. 20-21 is what i use most of the time..
  3. Re: Problem in my Linea 1.4 :(

You need the AC update, with AC update compressor cuts off less frequently.Once you've got this done cooling will defineltely improve.It's not that compressor cannot cool the problem is mostly due to frequent cut-offs which this update fixes.

This AC update has nothing to do with lag which is another problems all together.Try driving someone elses Linea and see if the lag is still there.What you feel as lag can be the feeling you get due to short 1st and 2nd gears.Also 2000 odd kms is very less for Linea to open.I personally found lots of difference in drivability once i crossed 5K kms.I've seen people mentioning engine opens a bit more once you cross 15K.
  4. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Aaron, get the car to a TSS and ask them to check or as atul stated drive another linea and check whether u find the same feeling...
  5. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai

Hey thnx guys for ur valuable suggestions.I showed to TASS guys they say drive as much as u can and an answer i get always "initial pickup kumm hai Linea/punto main".So i want sumone from this forum to drive my Linea and makeout the exact problem.As for driving sumones Linea i dont have any frend owning a Linea :( *my bad* .
  6. Re: Problem in my Linea 1.4 :(

If you don't have a friend who owns Linea, try taking TD of a vehicle at your TASS
  7. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Well to tackle the initial pick up issue, Aaron, you need to find that driving style that suits you..
    Since you have not spent much time with your Linea on the road, i suggest you start clocking those miles..!!

Keeping the temp at 16 wont strain the compressor.
    at 21 degrees, the ac is blowing partly warm air as well... with the compressor running..

New Fiat's are tuned in such a way that the ac compressor does not interferer with the running performance of the car... A slight effect will be there but can be ignored..
    But its not that drastic as the Indica V2's are with the ac compressor turning off and on. and the jerks they produce!! (not the turbo, just the NA)

Go out and drive..

BTW, did you try up-shifting every gear only after 2500 - 3000 rpm??
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Re: Punto active steering lock not working

I tried & found you're right. For some strange reasons, the steering locks only when I turn it about 45 degrees clockwise. i.e. turn it & take it to that position when engine is running, remove the key & then just slightly turn the steering & it gets locked. Its not happening if I turn it anti-clockwise :confused
  9. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Punto active steering lock not working

VP it does lock when u lock it anti clock wise too... Ive tried it man... it does...
  10. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

CHaos is right.. explore your car more and u'd fall in love with it for sure...