1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    NVH of punto is not impressive , so u may be experiencing the vibrations of a engine + the sensitiveness of a steering. If its fine on high speeds then why to worry . Just enjoy your car
    Cheers...
  2. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    NVH of the 90HP is far much less than that of 75HP.
  3. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    According to manual the windscreen washer fluid should consists of 10% SC35 and 90% distilled water. Has anyone used SC35? What is it? Where can I get it? Is it expensive? Is it worth?
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Sam that is fluid which came with your car when you took delivery.
    Sometimes I buy MGP (Maruti Genuine Parts) Windshield concentrate works good better than Shampoo or Colin. Helps in removing oil film over windscreen.
    Colin/Shampoo works too but not as good as special windscreen cleaners and this is what I use 80% of times.
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @vIjAy_kHaSa

How much you paid for that windshield cleaner.
  6. gp_yash

gp_yash

Bangalore
    As per a person I met from Windshield experts advised me not to use shampoo for the glass As it dries up the glass too much which is bad in the long run.

But by my personal experience a shampoo wash is good during long drives (esp during monsoons) to remove oil films and bug spatters on the glass. Though I shampoo wash the glass, the plastics attached to the windshield looses its colour because of the shampoo.

Also, Do not use Colin or any other home use glass cleaners as it contains Ammonia . This is bad for the glass and especially for the Tints if you are wiping it from the inside. Auto Glass cleaners are safe (Sonax, Formula one, Armorall, Turtle wax, etc.,). You can see a 'AMMONIA FREE' disclaimer on the Auto glass cleaner bottles to ensure the same.
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Rs 5/- per packet. One packet to be used everytime fluid is filled
  8. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Re-sale value of LINEA 1.3 MJD emotion pack, 2009 model.

Hii TFI'ans! Any idea of what the re-sale value of "LINEA 1.3 MJD emotion pack" will be now? Bought in the year 2009 september, with exactly 30,050kms in the oddo now. No problems so far! It's in excellent condition, giving constant mileage of 22+ in highway with driving speed of 90-120kph, with AC set at 23degree C. Pondicherry registration.

Just getting scared of the re-sale value of fiat cars in the years to come. One if my friend's Verna 1.5 crdi vgt, with all disc breaks and climate control(the model before, verna transform) bought exactly in the same month as my Linea, was sold for 5lakhs with 50k kms in the oddo. I wonder what would be the fate of Linea.

Please help!
  9. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    Do you want to sell it or you just want to know the resale or you are fearing that keeping it further will deteroriate resale?

In anycase you won't get more than 40% of what you spent with those kms on it (no calculations but instinct). But then, if the car is really fulfilling your purpose why bother about resale? I never thought of resale when going for a Fiat car and I am not repenting a bit. Every mile I drive, I fall in love with her. In fact so much so that I want to keep it forever!!!
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    the resale of course would be low when compared to other popular cars, but the main problem would be finding a buyer. but fiats are bought to serve more years than other cars. so enjoy the car.