1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. paritosh

paritosh

Pune
    No i never got one. I asked a few times, which they said would be sending soon. My bad that i did not follow it up. The last time i asked before they shut down, they said its in the system so you should not worry and i should soon get it. Latter they closed down fiat for volkswagon.

Planning to chk with with BUB if they still can entertain any FIAT queries. Though not too hopefull.
  2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    DJ --> did you do the PDI today? If yes, what was the condition of the car.
  3. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Yes I did a thorough PDI today in Concorde Motors stockyard. The condition of the car was fine - except 4 minor issues.
    1. Rusting on the brake discs - I hear this is a common phenomenon and this kind of rust is superficial. It wears away in a few kms of driving
    2. A slight swirl mark on the right fender - just above the wheel arch and very very slight paint chip off. The dealer promised to touch these up before delivery
    3. The key fob was defective. It would not fold easily and if folded, would not open. I have already asked the dealer to file for a replacement key fob so that it comes before delivery. He was insisting that I take this fob and then gt it replaced under warranty (FOC). However, I wish to have a new fob to begin with!
    4. The rubber beading which runs along the length of the car, on the roof, was not properly fixed/aligned. I have brought it to dealer's attention.

However, I do not think any of the above issues could be a potential deal breaker, hence gave the green signal.
  4. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    I am booking a GP BNW 90 HP tomorrow. Concorde Chennai were more than courteous to allow me to do a through PDI - It took 90 Minutes for 3 persons to complete it - I decoded the VIN and the manufacturing month if July-11. The dealer showed me the excel sheet where he has received the stock only during September 2nd week. This means that FIAT is still holding stocks manufactured during July and shipping them. I could not find a GP in chennai with more latest manufacturing date.
  5. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Did you find Rusting on the brake discs?
  6. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    No - none..
  7. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    That's surprising! Rusting of brake discs is a natural and universal phenomenon. You are plain lucky then!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disc_brake

The discs are commonly made from cast iron and a certain amount of what is known as "surface rust" is normal. The disc contact area for the brake pads will be kept clean by regular use, but a vehicle that is stored for an extended period can develop significant rust in the contact area that may reduce braking power for a time until the rusted layer is worn off again.

http://www.beginnerbikers.org/showthread.php?3699-Rust-on-brake-disc-what-(if-anything)-to-do
  8. Congrats on the New Punto Srini. Hope you PDI went fine without any issues. When has the dealer promised the delivery?

Fiat ships the current month's model only the next month. Even I too didn't find any august model punto. May be they are waiting for all the July to be sold out and then they will ship the August Models.
  9. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
  10. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    I am completing the final payments today and willing to take the vehicle on 6th October - Vijayadasami.

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

Is this the reason why we are not getting latest manufactures cars in India?

http://www.cartradeindia.com/car-bi...xport-of-linea-sedan-to-sri-lanka-114640.html