1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Use any shampoo, clinic plus head shoulders any one. No need to go for a special solution.

Been doing this for the past 6 years.

And, as far as possible do not use the wiper to clean the dirt from the windshield, unless absolutely necessary. Does more bad than good in the long run.

Splash plenty of water on the screen, then use a wet n dripping cloth to remove dirt. Then dry it by a lint free cloth. Or newspaper.

Your windshield glass will thank you for it.
    1 person likes this.
  2. anoop

anoop Superiore

Any mild shampoo might be ok. Most of the shampoo contains sulphates\sulfates which will affect the life of wipers and glass, depending on the concentration and rate of use. So technically, it is not good to use shampoo\prill etc, but on reality, I do not think we use them often enough to harm the wiper blades or glass.

I believe shell pumps are using sonax - have heard many good reviews about sonax.
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  3. I generally use water to soak the stains and then use a dripping cloth to remove them.
    Dry with a clean mf cloth.

I generally before along trip use lemon juice added to a mug of water and use this mixture to clean the mirror and then rinse with water. The fine oil like film formed thanks to the pollution will be gone with this. I feel. The wind shield seems to be much cleaner after this.
    Juice from 2 lemons(4halves) in a mug of water.
    Keep in mind i use this method once in. 3 months or so.
  4. paritosh

paritosh

Pune
    Got back the car.-> Total damage - 6200

Free Warranty replacements on shock absorbers and Front/Rear Struts. ( approx 8-10K)
    All Prices ( Incl VAT)
    Eng Oil -1900 - abt 3.5 L
    Oil Filter -177
    Fuel Filter - 444
    Air Filter - 348
    Wiremes filter - 47
    coolant - 733
    Trans Oil - 893
    Pow Strg Ouk -436
    Other Minor consumables 250

Good things-> Fixed the rubber beading issues on rear door, inconsistent closing of fuel cap .
    Overall, Happy about this Pandit Auto experience.

However, i came to know that the current system does not reflect my Extended Warranty status.
    BUB never sent me anything stating its reflected in the system, but i could not see this on the Pandit system. I have writen to fiat email id but no response so far.

Would try to check again with BUB if they still entertain anything. I simply have a BUB receipt of amount being paid.

Any advise?
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @Srikar

Lemon juice to clean the windshield. I never heard about this...To remove the oil like film we can use car shampoo/windshield cleaner then why Lemon Juice :)
  6. Shampoo i dont use..
    Plus lemon has that particular properties which will keep your wind shield gleaming unlike shampoo.
    I feel the windshild would be in perfect condition after a lemon juice wash than a shampoo wash which we all do regularly..
  7. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Lemon juice is very corrosive !!!!
    It will create patches on the paintwork , on prolonged use ...

Watch-out !!

Lemon-juice khud pete hain Srikar anna , gaadi ko nhi pilate !!!

I use Colin !! Spray it on the glass nd clean , nd pour some in the washer resvoir too ...
  8. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Do you have the extended warranty booklet?
  9. I use Sonaz which is doing good job
  10. Dilip baba once in 3 months with all precautions.
    It will not do that harm as expectes. It is a good way to keep the windshield clean. I feel.

Rest is up to you.
    Those were my two cents(paisa)