1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. gp_yash

By pitting i mean small pits on the surface. Not dust spots, very very dinks on the paint surface. Its not rough finish. The finish overall is actually good.

The paint job was polished the day it was painted and dried in the baking booth [machine polish].
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Guys , especially owning diesel FIATs, do not turn off the engine at the lights unless the duration of the red light is insane, like 8-10 minutes or so.

It'll help your turbo, starter , battery etc etc.

The FIRE petrol guys are at a slight disadvantage here. Since petrol engines by their very design are not efficient at all when idling (closed throttle). So if the stop light time crosses a minute or two, turn it off.

T-Jet guys, keeping your Turbo in mind, it'll be safe if you follow the diesel routine. Your turbo may be water cooled , but the exhaust temperatures of a Petrol engine are far higher than of a diesel. ;)

3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Gurji any information about Mahindras Micro Hybrid Technology.
  4. anoop

anoop Superiore

Sat, in my case, the moment I turn off ignition, my CL disengages. :(
  5. that must be impurities in the paint or the paint getting hard and parts of it drying early than the rest of the paint.
    i mean the paint getting dried in bits than completely at a time.

a pic would help in this case.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

I don't really like it. It's a part of the growing ''concern'' for fuel economy. It'll serve manufacturers well to design more efficient engines and drivetrains rather than use such silly tricks like a 'micro hybrid'.

The engine should switch on and off only when i want it to be. But that's me!

Stop n go technology can be good in cars with small engines like 800-900cc petrols. Small engines, less stress on starters, battery and general wear n tear. So we can justify it here.

But on a diesel and that too a 2200cc Turbocharged one? No way.

7. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Thats cool. From where you got this one ? What are these OBD tools ? You mean the connecting cable . Is there any cable to that does a "OBD" to a USB conversion ? Also from where did you get the diagnostic software to be installed in your laptop and of course the knowledge :cool:
  8. Pran

Pran Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    One way to forget about such guys are turn the volume of your music to 10+, and let them do what they want behind us.

I have recently started this practice in Bangalore where the signal wait time ranges anywhere between 60 to 180 seconds + the delay for my turn to start off from the stop state. Yet to see any drastic changes in the FE values. Planning to continue this for sometime and get enough samples before I conclude.
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  9. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

This information is available with the dealers. They have an excel list supplied by FIAL / Tata Motors, of all cars available (I think) at the plant.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Went to Concorde in morning today to show the lighter.
    The SA (Harish) put some force and it came out. Technician checked the fuse, it was ok. Then they checked lighter with other car, and found out the coil of lighter was gone.
    Checked with spare parts, it costs Rs. 290, but was not available in stock.
    Harish, arranged one for me, knowing I need it:p, for free.