1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
  2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

3. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

The dealer told me that it's 31st May.
  4. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Ok, I will check this with TASS. I have completed 9000 odd kms, can the bearings wear down so fast?
  5. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

wise to turn engine off at traffic signals ?

I read in one of the previous post about the ford driving skills traning or so wherein it was recommended to turn off the engine if the signal is a longer one.
    Do you feel its a good practise ?

6. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Well if the redlight is more than 100 seconds...then you can use this practice to save some fuel and reduce your carbon foot print...you will have to live with some Indian morons who sit on top of their horns the moment they feel that car in front is taking a second extra to pull away on a red light .........
  7. anoop

anoop Superiore

Well, it depends. For me, even though it may give substantial fuel savings, I may never do it in a area which is not safe just because the when i switch off, my CL disengages. At the risk of sounding foolish and moronic, let me say - With the alarming rate of crime happening around us, I simply do not want to take the risk.
  8. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

If u feel the halt is gonna be too long i.e more than 300 secs (5mins) its wise to switch off the engine.This would only be possible if there are timers on every signal :)
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    FIAT recommends to turn off engine if you are likely to stop for more than 30 seconds.

More details here:http://www.fiat-india.com/fiat-connect07.aspx

However, the fifth point is incorrect in my case.
    "Always drive your car at steady speeds of 50 - 60 kmph in the 5th gear. Fuel consumption increases at speeds above 60 kmph."

I get the optimum/best mileage at 80 kmph.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  10. anoop

anoop Superiore

Tools thread

What all tools do you regularly carry when you are on a long trip?
    Do you carry only the OEM tool kit or do you have added anything which makes it easier in case of a breakdown?

I am used to carrying a whole tool kit (including a set of open ended spanners, a set of allen key, pilers, hammer, good length of electrical wire, different screw drivers (flat and star headed) and cloth pieces\waste cotton) and a swiss army knife when I go on for long rides on my bike, and the swiss army knife is my constant companion when ever and where ever I ride.

When it come to cars, my Vista have a hydraulic jack, a better tool kit with additional spanners and screw drivers and a torch, but my Punto have got only a pair to pen torches as of now.

I am planning to add some more tools - please share what all do you carry and please add your suggestions for a good tool kit.

PS: Do let me know if any of you have brought a set of drivers for the torx headed screws of FIATs.

Mods: If this is not the right section for this thread, please move the thread.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2011