1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Bhargav Desai

Bhargav Desai

I have got the Air filter and oil chamber checked there is no presence of water out there, but the company still remains adamant and they are not going to get this part replaced without charges. I have checked with 2-3 TASS they also said that Company will not provide warranty in case of water entry in the chamber due any reason.

I have place my car for Insurance claim, I am not very sure how much the insurance company would pay for this kind of damage. Will keep you updated.

2. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

G/O is gear oil. All these things are recommneded for replacing by FIAT at 2years/60000Kms whichever is the earliest. So if your car is 2 years old you can replace it
  3. Tron

Tron Superiore

@bhargav, did Fiat's engineer checked your car personally?? If not then how he can mail your dealer that no warrenty in this case. Again bare with pain & go new Tass & get your car checked. If that Tass gonna give call to Fiat engineer, try to catch him & get it checked front of you. Dont tell them initially that your car was drove in feet high water log situation. Let them tell you what is wrong exactly.
    Im sure too that in feet high water this culprit wont take place.
  4. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    this is not at all an issue. since the speakers are in the doors there are a lot of gaps from where the sound can go out, like the door handle. besides the metal sheets are not sound proof. stock speakers have nothing to do with it. get the car doors damped to solve the problem.
  5. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Jayadev What are dampeners ? You mean the damping that is used during ICE ? but I have seen mostly the damping is done on in internal door panel and NOT on the "inside" of the door , I mean just behind the speakers . Do you mean you did the damping also "behind" the speakers on the inside of the door ?
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Yup, The music can be heard outside, Mine is not running stock speakers though and dampening hasn't been done yet. The vocals are pretty much clear outside the car even at volume level 5~6. I haven't checked the B&M calls though, But didn't really bother.
  7. I also faced a/c not working in the initial days of my ride which was sorted out by TASS due to some faulty part, i am not remembering what it was
  8. romsi
    was yourcar from the march 2011 lot?
    then faulty o ring was replaced, october 2009 lot has some issues with the consensor if i am not wrong
  9. Windshield washer position and Front Alloys getting blackened

I have two minor issues with my Punto :

1. The left front windshield washer sprays water on the wiper stack but not on the windshield. The positioning is gone wrong I guess. Did anybody face this issue and what was the solution. I thought I can make the adjustment myself by some pulling and pushing the washer but the problem can also be with the wiper stack not in the right position.

2. The Black powder from the brake disc I guess is blackening both the front alloys. Is this going happen all the time or is it due to the disks are new and would stop as time goes on ?
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Front alloys getting brake dust is normal in every car. It isn't a problem with steel wheels so you have to live with that. The problem is that Punto brake pads leave more dust because of their composition but this seems to be a necessary evil as the brakes are otherwise very good.

Regarding windscreen washer spray, you can adjust the height of washer jet spray by adjusting the nozzle. Take a small pin and use it to increase the angle of the nozzles with respect to the ground. I hope you getting it.