1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Re: Problem in my Linea 1.4 :(

Hey Aaron, are you keeping the revs below 1500-2000 rpm?
    If so then you might need to change your driving style... for a better pickup..

Coz I have found that the 1.4 FIRE feels dead, unresponsive when the rpm is below 2500 rpm. So maybe you might be shifting at a lower rpm...

Try shifting to the next gear once the rpm crosses 2500 rpm.. ::T that should get you moving..

Did you get the ecu software update for the AC??

But if there is a genuine performance issue (as stated by the TASC fuel filter replacement), then only after driving your car can that be confirmed..
    If you want, you can approach some another TASC for a second opinion.. no harm there (they might have the part in stock)
  2. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai

@chaos

Hey dude is there a ecu software update for the A/C?? Dint knew this.From where wud i get this ecu update done?? The TATA guys?? These people really have no idea wat FIAT is upto.When i told them FIAT has recalled cars manufactured before October 2009 for clutch slave cylinder replacement,they say we havent received the circular yet.So do u think they would have the ECU A/C update?? The lag has been reduced a bit after the oil change.Ive also heard the FIRE engines take quite a time to set?? Is it true? Like more u drive the more the engine gets smoother,peppier etc. Ya one more thing i havent noticed at what rpm i change the gear.I'll do check this time and get back if ders any noticeable difference or not :)

Has anyone done the ECU a/c update from mumbai TASS guys?? Plz help! Vahan Do u have any idea about this ECU a/c update ?? Have u done this?? Need your help :)
  3. amolmane

amolmane Guest

Re: How to remove GP antenna or is it removable at all?

Stock Antenna can be remove by opening internal roof. You have to front cabin light to reach to antenna.
    remove cabin light.Then twist the roof. Little bit hard job but possible.
    I had observed when I installed Audio for my Multijet Active.
  4. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Aaron, there has been a detailed discussion on the ac issue and the ecu update for the 1.4 FIRE..
    I suspected that the update may be the reason for the lag with the ac on... but you have no clue of it.. SO If you find the ac cooling enough, dont go for the update.

Yes you are right with the time needed to set.. My 1.4 went a lot quieter and smoother after i crossed 6000 kms in her.. (this period/distance can variate for every car)
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

Aaron,

Regarding low pickup, I agree with Cha0s. Upshift the gears at more than 2,500 rpm's. I'm a heavy footed driver & change gears at much much higher rpm's.

Another suggestion - 2200 km's in a year is too less, Take your car for a spin on Mumbai-Pune ExpressWay. Run her at 120 kmph then apply brakes (strictly on a completely vacant road), from a complete halt revv hard again, pick up 120kmph speed & redo the above. Free her up, man.

Take her to Fortune, Powai/ Sakinaka service station. There is a dedicated Fiat team there. If you want any reference, PM me. I just got my 30,000 kms service done there.

Reg ACC update, I never felt the need for it so didn't do it till 2 days back. I think they've done it now during 30K kms service.
  6. Re: How to remove GP antenna or is it removable at all?

+1.
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Thanks. :) But it is not possible to do this everyday. I was asking about removing the antenna so that we can cover the car without any worries of breaking the antenna.
  8. Re: Problem in my Linea 1.4 :(

@pioneeraaron As VP said 2200kms in a year is too less. FIAT engines take some time to free up. About AC, if you see your AC compressor cutting off and on when driving in traffic, update has not been done.If you don't drive in peak traffic where your compressor would cut off and on frequently you won't feel any difference in cooling.
  9. amolmane

amolmane Guest

To
    Paddleshifter

You do not need to remove it daily. You car cover may be with necessary free margin. Or you may alter the car cover by giving extension of piece of cloth.
  10. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai

@Vahan,atul

Ya ive noticed that the a/c compressor goes off in traffic and then comes back to life when in movement and also I've noticed that the compressor goes off for sumtime when the car is stationary and when i race it starts again.So i think i need the update? So majorly the lag is bcuz of the A/C?? Vahan i did take her for a spin but it was on the eastern express highway midnite and i did a decent 120kmph widout any effort and didnt notice pulling on one side etc thank god :) no niggles or rattles uptill now *touchwood*

One more thing, what is the ideal temperature to be set for the a/c for better cooling??
    I keep it 21degress cuz mostly i take out my car at night time.Ive noticed in daytime it struggles to cool on 21degress.Keeping the temps low might load the engine i guess??