1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    i am still not able to understand , with windows rolled up and normal volume how does the sound go out?
    i havent tried listening from outside but i am just wondering.
  2. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    This is a surprise! I though any conversation within the car (on phone or in person) is muffled in all cars.
    Srida / Yashik, have you noticed this only on B&M calls? Or is any conversation inside the car audible outside?
    Come to think of it, I do often speak loudly when on a call so that I am clearly audible to the other person. So I may be audible to passerby's as well because of this. But the other person's words should not be audible outside the car?
  3. maverick
    get the bearings checked.
    worn out bearing near the wheels might be the culprit.
    and tie rod also
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Solution :- Speak less ,think more.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Abhi, what you speak can't be heard outside. Just that what is being spoken by the other person is being played via the car's speakers so can be heard outside clearly if the volume is a bit loud and someone is standing next to your stationary car. Problem arises "only" when you are on traffic lights. It can't be heard while you are driving.

Punto's cabin is silent just like that Passat commercial but I guess the speakers are located in the doors. It is possible that the sounds diffracts through the place from where the window glass emerges out of the door.

DON'T worry guys. Just lower the volume while standing on traffic lights. And avoid confidential/personal talk. Thats the only way out. I am not sure if OEM speakers are a bigger culprit. It can be a possibility that the OEM speakers create more problem in this case.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Though recommendation is of 15K or 1 year, but most experts suggests to change first one early.
    I myself changed mine after one year, but it was run just over 12K.
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    I doubt if a person with helmet on and with 10 cars waiting at lights and horns from opposite direction can hear anything outside at traffic lights.

And even if anyone could hear, you won't be talking about national security or something highly confidential to be worried about.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  8. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    nokia hands free rocks yo yo.

Bandar kya jaane adrak ka swaad,no blue & me for just emotion(al)fellas....(monkey can't tell the taste for garlic).
  9. I too think the oem speakers are the culprit. just for talking to my while driving I thought blue n me is a necessary option, but now my wife is hesitant to talk to me while am driving, she confirms if the volume very low, and only then she utter a word. My skeptical friends are always on look out for an issue with my car and am praying they shudn't come to know at this.

@ abk
    the person talking inside the car, what louder he is doesn't matter. The person on the other side of the call will be heard outside. I have seen the pillion riders looking at my car doubtfully. I thought they r admiring the beautyof punto, only now I understood they r wondering from where is this lady voice coming.

@ vijay
    Not only confidential or national security matters are not to be heard by others but also silly talks between husband n wife should also not be heard by others. :)
  10. arpenkar

arpenkar

Thane
    Too funny varoon9999 ...as far as I know...adrak is ginger NOT garlic!! so in your case...the "muhawra" has to be modified not only in context but also in content...bandar kya jaane kya hai adrak aur lehsun!!