1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. gp_yash

gp_yash

Bangalore
    Wheel balancing done during the Tires change before 1000 kms !
  2. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

Pune
    Shudder in first gear clutch release...

Hi Guys,
    I am experiencing a shudder when I release the clutch in first gear.This happens somewhere half way just when the car starts to move.

Usually I don't accelerate while releasing clutch in first/second.
    what could be the cause of the shudder ?Should I get it checked once ?

Thanks,
    Srijit
  3. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

Pune
    hey sorry for changing the track,
    Is tyre rotation done by TASS during the 15k service or should we insist on it? I had done by 15k service in May, but did not cross check if the rotation was done..
    Thanks,
    Srijit
  4. gp_yash

gp_yash

Bangalore
    Yes, usually its done.

During my 15k service they had charged me around Rs. 750 /- for Wheel alignment, balancing and rotation. If it was only alignment they charge Rs.250 /-.
    this was at Prerana motors, bangalore
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  5. Phone Calls Audible outside the Car

Guys, phone calls through the Blue N Me are audible outside clearly :mad:. If I reduce the external volume to the very low it is Fine but that dosen't make the right solution. is this a common problem and are there any solutions. Most of the time I am on call with my wife while driving and I fear that our conversations will be heard by the bikers in the Traffic Signal. Is this the problem with the stock speakers ? Is this why Damping is done to the speakers ? Help me Guys.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    shudder may occur due to some of reasons below. - but u need to get it checked at TASS

1. clutch release bearing
    2. pressure plate
    3. clutch plate worn out
    4. clutch slave cylinder problem.
    5. hydraulic problem.
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    some old puntos had steering rack problems and fiat were replacing them. get it checked.

i would first suggest to fit the original tyres and go for checking. if your yokos are oversize they will deny warranty :)
  8. rollingice
    they generally do that.
    but some people have complaints with the tyre pattern in a single side.
    if you reverse the face(tyre is made inside out) the inside edge is now facing outside the problem vanishes.

this is for the pullng. vibration must be due to not properly aligned wheels
  9. gp_yash

gp_yash

Bangalore
    Sorry for the late reply !

Colour match confirmed. Popular Automatch does a good job wrt colour matching. But they've messed it up wrt finish:thumbs down. atleast mine.
    i received my car around 7 PM so i could inspect in detail. But overall it looked good. during the next wash i realised some pits in the paint when looked very close. dont know the reason behind this ! :confused
    They even messed it up while sticking the 'Punto' and 'emotion' logos. Guess they were in a hurry to shut down and get back home :punch
  10. gp_yash

gp_yash

Bangalore
    My Yokos are stock sized <195/60 R15> Do you think they would deny warranty? I hope not.