1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    All these cars are in the open pool i.e @fiat's stocking yard. The latest HHB is May manufactured. Dealers also have 2010 stocks.
  2. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    I have already booked the car with Concorde. All I want to know is that IF there are HHB color cars with a mfg date later than May/June 2011, then only it makes sense to cancel with Concorde na?
    yes, that's what I have also been told.
    The booking (commitment) form states that Rs 10k will be charged if booking is cancelled.
  3. anoop

anoop Superiore

think i was not really clear in my early reply - I was saying that if you refuse a particular car, you will not lose any money. There is no obligation that you have to buy a particular car just because they have invoiced it and have sent it from their stock yard.

But if you cancel the booking altogether, you will lose the amount specified in the booking form.
  4. A rumour that's being spread around is that Fiat has stopped manufacturing the GP for now and are just selling the ones already manufactured. Not sure about the news but looking at the Manufacture month in the VINs, I somehow am going towards believing it. I also stumbled upon one web resource quoting this but unfortunately could not remember the name of the site. I googled again to no avail.

Any idea anyone?
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

I have not heard anything about fiat stopping production of GP, but heard some roomers that they have stopped TJ+ till the stock clears up - but what I have heard is not from a really credible source, so I am not ready to bet my dollar on that, though logically there are chances for that.
  6. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    I understand.
    No idea. I think this is at best a rumour only.
  7. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

Bangalore
    This seems to be more than a rumour. Even I got the same info from a dealer who this morning called Fiat for me to check for available stock and colors of TJ+. They did confirm that assembly of TJet and Tjet + have been stopped as of May 2011 because it is not moving. So, getting a car dated May should not be too bad if you are keen on sticking with TJ. On the other hand Linea MJD is available as recently as July manufactured.
  8. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    One thing is sure...your lighter is gone.... and it will not work even if you yank it out....go and spend 10 min at TASS .....and help yourself ..go to a good night sleep....
  9. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I was called today to the SC to get the compressor replaced. While the same was done it was realised that the wrong compressor had been received. There is a Sanden Vikas compressor in my car & they had received denso compressor. Now again wait and watch for the next Taarik (Date). Luckily the car is usable and also the AC is working to an extent.
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Few things:
    1. Latest TJets available with Fiat are May 2011 manufactured. This includes the HBB colour that you have booked. I have spent a considerable amount of time to find a car which was manufactured after May, but all earlier colours in which TJet was available are May manufactured.
    2. If dealer has March/April manufactured stock then it is a car that is lying with him that he is trying to sell you
    3. If you are buying a May manufactured car, please do a very thorough PDI. I am not confident of doing thorough PDI of a May manufactured car and hence not comfortable in going for a May manufactured vehicle.
    4. In the recall thread it was mentioned that May manufactured vehicles have steering and O-ring problem. Please confirm that there is no issue in your car before taking it
    5. Cancellation amount is mentioned on the dealers quotation and dealer cannot charge you more than that