1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ***Bouncing***
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    lighter bouncing ???
    Is it stuck or is it bouncing :?
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    If you can take out the entire lighter, then push the coils, it would pop out on the other side.
  4. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Was bouncing thread.:p

I tried, but lighter is not coming out.
  5. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    hmmmm... tricky one.... I would suggest not to play around in this case and visit TASS.... Lighter can be really dangerous at times...I remember for kiran a faulty lighter resulted in self Starter relay failure and his car used to start or not start depending on the car's mood :)

Visit the TASS :)

Does it gets heated up when you turn on the ignition, can be checked by the plastic around it. If yes then visit TASS asap.
  6. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks, yes visiting TASC is the only option.
    And the lighter is not heating up, so I am taking some time to visit them.
  7. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Manufacturing month

So I have booked a Linea T Jet Plus in Hip Hop Black colour at Concorde Motors, Prabhadevi.

In some other thread, a member from Delhi mentioned that he saw May 2011 mfg. cars in the stockyard in this car.

I called up the dealership and asked him to provide me the mfg. month of all the black coloured cars in his stockyard.

There are a total of 30+ cars with him - around 12 of each have been manufactured in March and April 2011. 6 cars are end May/first week June 2011 mfg.

Of course I will do a thorough PDI, but is the mfg. month a deal breaker here?

Can some members, who have recently booked, help me here, by checking the month with their dealership?

P.S. I inquired about Sun Beam Beige and that too is available with a March 2011 mfg date.

P.P.S - Concorde Motors is a 100% subsidiary of Tata. So I would assume that they have a better bargaining power vis-a-vis other dealers in Mumbai.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  8. anoop

anoop Superiore

basically, the older the manufacturing month, the more time the car have stood in the stock yard under the harsh conditions. If you have observed long parked cars and bikes, you may have seen that the tyre gets deflated as time goes by. Since the wait of the car is on same patch of rubber, technically, the stress on one part is more and the tyre is prone to have cuts\lesser tyre life.

though not as much affected as tyres, all the other rubber parts also takes some beating when stand under sun for long time.

Another concern which comes to my mind is rust.

Other than these, and the fact that the car 'may' have been used for giving a TD, I do not see any major negatives for going for a car with older manufacturing month, unless there have been a upgrade.

I believe you will have good bargain power if you are opting for an older car - the dealer will be willing to give some more discounts if he can move his old stock.

At the end of the day, it all depends on you - do a through PDI and bargain hard, and pick a deal which suits you better.

Do
  9. anoop

anoop Superiore

Did you try forcing the lighter out?

May be you can use sharp thin knife and a small flat head screw driver, and can pry it out.

If you want to use more force, try inserting a self tapping screw on the side of the lighter and use a pliers to force it out.
  10. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

Bangalore
    I am in the exact situation. I booked a TJet + at KHT Motors at Bangalore and when asked for the VIN, the last 3 digits were BMZ. I immediately called the sales guy and told him I cannot accept an older car - but so far everyone including the MD who is also a TFI member, is refusing to the change the car for me citing that Tata Motors/Fiat is not agreeing. They are just going on asking me to 'come and see' and then decide, but somehow Feb 2011 is just too old in my opinion. I am still negotiating for a newer car or I am going to cancel - I know the dealer is trying to hold me to the 'No Cancellation after Contest' clause, but I think we can find a way around it.