1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. sahdk

sahdk Novizio

Navi Mumbai
    Thanks guys !!
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Cigarette lighter - Stuck

My cigarette lighter got stuck in its socket.
    I mean, when you press the lighter, after sometime, it pops out, after coil gets heated up. But last time when i pressed it, its not coming out. I tried to take it out, but its not coming up.
    Any pointers, or I need to visit the TASS?
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  3. rajbajwa

rajbajwa

Mumbai
    Fortune Motors - Andheri East (Saki Naka/Powai) or Tata-Fiat Center - Worli - Mumbai

Hi,

My Linea will be completing two years on Oct 15th but I am planning to get the servicing done by end of September.

I need help from fellow Mumbaikars and Fiat owners on deciding between two service centers for getting my car serviced.

I have two choices
    1. Fortune Motors - Andheri East - Sakinaka.
    2. Tata - Fiat Service Center - Worli

I have heard good reviews about Fortune Motors - Saki Naka and I had decided to go there.

The reason I am considering the Worli Tata Service center is because of one very good experience with them this month. I was in that part of town and my wipers conked off. I went to Worli without an appointment. Within 10 mins a techinician was on the car. The wiper motor had gone kaput and they replaced it free of cost under warranty. There were no labor charges levied. The job was done within an hour and a half. The attitude of all staf with whom I interacted was much better than my experiences in the past.

Need help in deciding.

Regards,

Raj
  4. I have given my Punto for 3rd service today at Fortune Powai/ANdheri- will keep you posted on the outcome of the service. PS. It seems they have lost all the old timers (Rajendran is also off from Fortune now) for FIAT from Fortune Powai.
  5. rajbajwa

rajbajwa

Mumbai
    Thanks Arvind. Will wait for your review.
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Yeah. The entire Fiat team (earlier Anuroop team) had left Fortune Saki Naka. But, still their workmanship is the best led by Service Manager. Unfortunately, he had a serious accident 10 days back on Mumbai-Pune expressway & is indisposed.
  7. Got my third servicing done yesterday. The Total bill was 12K which included Coolant, Engine Oil, Filter, Break Pads & Break Drum. The service adviser was Makrand, he is a new chap who has joined Fortune from HONDA Service Center. I was in the service center till 8 PM. to get the car cleaned and delivered. One small issue that has come up today morning if the BOOT Lock seems to have shorted. I am getting warning of BOOT Open on the MID. Will have to take it again to get this fixed.

Amit is correct about Ashish (the service Manager at Fortune) he had a very bad accident at Mumbai Pune Expressway. He lost his baby daughter and his mother to the accident. Makarand informed that both Ashish and his wife are back in Mumbai hospital now but are still in critical condition.
  8. rajbajwa

rajbajwa

Mumbai
    Thanks Amit and Arvind. Distressing news about the Fortune Service Manager. I'll await more comments from anyone in Mumbai who has feedback about the Worli Center. I am not sure but I think that the Worli center is Tata Owned and not by any Dealer. When I was there last I saw that it also houses the Jaguar - Landrover Mumbai Service center. As a matter of fact I felt good when I saw my car being parked along side many Jaguar XJLs when the technician was working on it.
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Raj,

I would suggest Fortune, Saki Naka. If you happen to be there, speak to Service Advisor called Ashok. He would remember as my Linea was there since last 3-4 days for clutch burnt issue, got her back today only.
  10. rajbajwa

rajbajwa

Mumbai
    Thanks Amit.

I read your posts for updates on your car and issues with the clutch burning. Hope to see you soon. It's been quite some time.

Regards,

Raj