1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Re: Punto active steering lock not working

Moving 45 degrees without running engine i.e. without PS is a lot. Shall try it tomorrow but am not sure If I would want to push really hard.
  2. Re: Punto active steering lock not working

Don't push it after engine is off.. Get it in that position when engine is running and then cut the engine off
  3. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Dats what i normally do as it gets difficult to move it post the engine is off as the HPS is off and u struggle to move it to the angle..
  4. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2

The steering will get locked if you turn the steering wheel in either directions. Yesterday, i locked it by turning anticlockwise and then it was a struggle for almost 10 mins to unlock it. :A Verified it today also.

As ravi mentioned, it is approx 5 degree if steering is straight else we may have to rotate more according to the steering wheel position. :steering

one more entry into my issue list, Horn switch is working only if pressed on the lower part (on the horn symbol side). :punch. I can feel that the switch is loose but don't want to resolve it myself. I think FIAT should open a bugzilla portal for the defects. ::V

--Rajeev
  5. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

I really am not able to get this... Ive never found any trouble locking and unlocking my steering while parking the car or driving it away...
  6. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2

Try locking by turning anti-clockwise direction, but try this when u reach home. :wink:

--Rajeev
  7. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Would surely try this when i get back to my car in the nite as am back home right now..:)
    would update you on the same after trying the anti-clockwise locking...
  8. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

I second VP.
    I use to stop engine, pull out the key and turn steering to left\right direction. Its gets locked very easily. No need to apply power ans this works in all positions of steering.
  9. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

it locks for me on both clock wise and anti clock wise direction with no issues..
    Yes since the HPS turns off with the engine teh steering gets hard to rotate.. But i normally get the steering at the position where it locks and then turn off the engine to avoid the hassle.
  10. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Problem in my Linea 1.4 :(

Hey guys I got a Linea 1.4 petrol.Just turned a year old this october.But have a strange problem from day 1.Problem only arises in 1st & 2nd gear.Feels as if the engine is dead and refuses to move forward.Have to hit the gas pedal hard to get it moving.When A/C is off this lag is reduced a bit.But when the A/C is on i feel im driving a tractor.When i slot into 1st n release the clutch (A/C on) have to hit the gas pedal hard to move it forward and then when i slot into 2nd n give accelerator no initial response(feels engine is dead),then wen i press gas pedal hard then feels like engine is come to life and moves forward.This problem is only in 1st and 2nd gear.

Second service completed before schedule.My running is very less, car is run just 2200kms ::D .I got my 2nd service done at Galaxy Motors,Mulund,Mumbai.
    Did the following :

1.Replaced engine oil with Selenia K (old oil was dark brownish)
    2.Replaced A/C filter
    3.Replaced Oil filter.

After these changes engine is become smooth and pickup has improved a bit but that lagging problem in 1st and 2nd gear hasn't gone.I reported the problem to service center guys they told will have to replace fuel filter but they had no stock of fuel filter.I have done a clutch slave cylinder free replacement.My clutch dusnt feel hard its very smooth.So i discard that there mite be any clutch related problem.The problem is more when the A/c is on.Please help me guys.Cause only 1 more year left for warranty on my Linea.What could the issue be?? Please suggest me guys in dire need of ur help/suggestions.If any guy from mumbai need to drive my vehicle for understanding the problem better it wud be my pleasure to hand over the keys ::D . Just giving my contact number if anyone have better suggestions/help that could be only explained better on fone.

Thanx guys.
    Aaron - 9833357188.