1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Well, there is this guy from IOC who keeps sending me the updated list of Gas stations that have the required equipment for Hyderabad, I received 2 such mails until now.
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    vj_v1 can you please share that mail to me. Kedar.bendre at gmail dot com
  3. ayanbiswas

ayanbiswas Timido

Mumbai
    Got a call today from a deputy manager at IOC confirming the issue has been resolved at the petrol pump close to my place and has asked me to visit the place again to avail the voucher. Will probably go for it tomorrow. Lets see how it goes this time.
  4. year of manufacture

hello, every one.
    i bought a punto mjd in july 2011. manufactured in jan 2011. but the front windscreen and rear window shows year as '10. all other glasses are marked as 2011. why is this so?
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Different parts of the car may differ in the month and year of make. It is normal I guess. e.g. the Tyres of my Punto are 6 months older than my Punto.

One part in my engine compartment had a sticker according to which it was manufactured one month before my Punto was made.
  6. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    2nd service completed on 12th August at Joshi Autozone.

It was done to my satisfaction. I was allowed to stand besides my car and that is all that was needed to win my confidence and make me happy. Initially I was made to stand outside. But then I refused to do so and went inside. They had changed coolant by then.

Final Bill- Rs5400. I had asked them not to do wheel balancing but the guy had already balanced one wheel so I went ahead with it. TASC charges Rs300 for balancing.

Strange thing is that they were charging me for wheel alignment as well but I refused as the only meaning of a free service is that you neither pay for labour nor for things mentioned in the check list.

I think coolant used by them was Tutela as I did not spot even a single Paraflu in the FIAT bay. Yes, there are 2 separate areas, one for TATA and one for FIAT.

Regarding issues: the noise from dashboard couldn't be rectified. I met TFI member SumitBahl on 11th and we localized noise from all four doors (result of poor workmanship during speaker upgrade). That will be sorted out during door damping next time.
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Yashik they use Paraflu UP only got the all the fluids changed yesterday which are to be changed after 2 years.
    Did you got all the old coolant drained and then filled if so keep a check on level of coolant, it would drop as you drive due to air escaping from the cooling system.
    Tutela is used for brake fluid, power steering and transmission.
    Paraflu and Tutela both are brands of Selenia which is now owned by Petronas.

It's better to get 3D Wheel alignment and balancing done for 300/- outside
  8. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Vijay. No I didn't get the whole coolant changed as mine is one year old. I will get all fluids replaced at 2 years as scheduled.
    I had asked them not to do wheel balancing for this reason only as I wanted to get that done outside. Do you know any good shop in our area?
  9. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @yashik, even i did my 2nd service in the begining of this month & even he put charges on wheel alignment! So i did not went for balancing & alignment. Its not worth atall if you feel your car is ok. I did it afterwords at local bridgestone center. My whole 2nd service ammount was Rs.6250/-
    Im gonna post detail review in my ownership thread but not possible in these days as im using my cell to connect with TFI.My PC gonna be NA for some time.
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Yashik
    Pashi Automobiles Ind Area, Panchkula, when coming from jirakpur turn left into Ind Area just after the police barricades and turn right at next turn. (3D Alignment)
    They have 3D wheel aligner which doesn't need to be re-calibrated like normal 2D wheel aligners.
    There's also a bridgestone shop in Sec 14 Pkl on the sec 14-11 road. (2D Alignment)
    There's a MRF showroom too in NAC Manimajra. (2D Alignment)

If 2D wheel aligner is calibrated it is as good as a 3D one.