1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. in big cities you have these paint mixing boots.
    give them the colour you want, medium grey fiat and they will give you the paint sample and the thinner to be mixed!
    it is worth a try!!

just check if such a thing is available in your town or not

@kedar bhai

why do you need a clear coat?
    use a good wax polish, your clear coat will be formed!!
    or there are quite a few clear varnishes(used after polish) on doors.
    i dont have any idea where they sell such things for cars
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  2. gp_yash

I would like to add wax polishing the patched up part regularly for longevity and shine.

I have used COM Paint on my bike. It was black colour so there was minimum ignorable difference.

Popular Automatch has a good body shop facility (rain/dust poof painting booths). They use 2k paints (I think Asian Paints Automotive paints). The technicians look pretty well trained and keep up the good quality as they are a join venture with Nandi Toyota.

I will confirm the colour matching by tomorrow though. But the service adviser and technicians are confident about the matching it.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    There is one thread on Com Paint, related posts are moved there.
  4. mahen.jnk

mahen.jnk Novizio

FE and Glow Plug issue in new Punto MJD

My new Punto MJD has done close to 700KM and from day one Glow Plug indicator comes ON and switchs OFF immediately (may be for half second to a second). This happens even during the cold starts in the morning. Its hard to believe that engine warms up in such a short time. Could it be a problem with temperature sensor ot it is normal?

The first tank full to tank full gave me a mileage of 11.8 kmpl (both MID and manual measurement) with 100% AC in city driving (not bumper to bumper) with average of 16 kmph. I am at 180 KM after the second tankful and MID now shows 10.9 kmpl with average speed of 15 kmpl.

First service is long way at 5000KM and my take 5 months for me. Is it necessary to visit SC for the above two concerns?

Otherwise the car has been great with fantastic looks, ride and features.

5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Hi Mahen

Both of your concerns are no concerns at all.

The Multijet requires only a bare minimum of heat up time by the glow plugs. Unlike the older diesels.

So, rest assured nothing is wrong with your car.
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Diesel engines with out-dated technology & big sized diesel engines requires long time for warm-up.

So in Multijet engine engine warms up in such a short time is normal.

For milege confirmation wait upto first service.
    For true milege figure calculate milege after resetting Trip meter & travel without stop for 60-80 KM with speed between 90-100
  7. Chethan

RC card copy not recieved yet even after two months

My GP was registered in the first week of June and still i have not recieved my RC card from RTO. When asked dealers, they said, i will get it through post from RTO, but haven't yet recieved.

Please let me in how many days did u all recieve your RC copy and in what means? So that i can check accordingly....
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  8. better check with the RTO.
    they usually send the cards by speed post.

i got one with in a week. i got it registered my self, so it had come by speed post..
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  9. clash81

clash81 Regolare

I received the smart card RC within in 2 weeks of ownership. They sent it by reg post.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    I got it in 2 weeks time. Anf from dealer.
    Which is your dealer? Normally they collect it from RTO. It doesn't come as post.

I think you ask dealer which RTO office they sent, and you need to spend sometime and visit RTO.